Thread: Flier ESC

Default Flier ESC

Quick question....I have a 400A esc mounted in a mono with a TP 5680 running 10S. I have tried many props and have found a good combination with the esc, motor, prop, batteries, speed, and run time. The issue that I have is that the speed controller is usually around 110 - 115 degrees when I take it out of the water, but the capacitors are usually 145-165 degrees. Does that matter, do I need more of them, or what do you suggest? Batteries are around 115 degrees, motor is also around 110 - 115 degrees.
    Thanks, Eddie

Post up a picture of the interior installation. How long are your battery leads? Possibly too long? What batteries are you using?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I'm going to send some pictures tomorrow. The leads from the esc are 11 inches long, and the battery leads are 5 inches(total 16 inches). The motor leads are 5 inches long total. My guess is that the battery leads are way to long! Your thoughts. I have Roaring Top, Dinogy (from Mark), and Revlectric batteries all with 8mm connectors - that have a minimum C rating of 60 or higher.

CRC mono interior 2.jpg Hopefully this can be seen.

Hot caps often mean excessive impedance from the battery/ESC wiring. The OP certainly doesn’t need the very long wiring he has - cut the wires as short as practical while still allowing easy plugging/unplugging and battery adjustment.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

FYI, my ESC wires are stock length (~4"), Lipo wires just a little shorter than stock(~3-4") and my ESC temps are very similar.
    Wire length won't give you a change in temps.
    I do run on 6S.

Thanks everyone for the information. I'm going to shorten the battery leads.
    Eddie

What time percentage do you drive full throttle versus partial throttle? Assuming you are driving at some mixed throttle inputs the partial throttle running will cause the caps to heat more.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

70 % full throttle and 30% partial

What kv and props are you running?

970 KV, 62mm
    Switched esc to ZTW and everything was cooler. Now running 65mm prop. Boat is running 72mph and not running hot.