Thread: prop suggestions for newbie

Default prop suggestions for newbie

hello, I have a tfl 56? genesis w/dual neu 1000kv motors, 200 ztw escs running 8s to each side (2x 4s 5000mah) I notice the electronics gets a little hot after 4-5min?s of running. I dont race boat, i just use it in my local lake. itheres octoba x457 props on there now. Can you recommend if these are a good prop with my setup. i dont run constant full throttle. thanks, mike

just go to a bit smaller prop so that you can always go flat-out ,esc and motor don't like partial power(and get hot)however a runtime of 4min is not bad

Im going to give you something a bit smaller in ABC you will be smiling !!

looking forward to them! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    just go to a bit smaller prop so that you can always go flat-out ,esc and motor don't like partial power(and get hot)however a runtime of 4min is not bad
    took your advice, ran the boat full throttle 90% of time, motors and esc actually ran a little cooler @120F but my batterie?s got up to 140-165F and one got swollen. Ran them to about 3.5V?s after 4 minutes time. the battery that got swollen has IR readings about 1-2 ohms per cell, dont know if it?s damaged though. the other batteries have about anywhere from 1-4 ohms per cell but look fine even though they got hot too. Wow, theres a lot of trail and error trying to get everything balanced to work effectively. Im looking for Dasboata for my new props and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by mrd72 View Post
    took your advice, ran the boat full throttle 90% of time, motors and esc actually ran a little cooler @120F but my batterie?s got up to 140-165F and one got swollen. Ran them to about 3.5V?s after 4 minutes time. the battery that got swollen has IR readings about 1-2 ohms per cell, dont know if it?s damaged though. the other batteries have about anywhere from 1-4 ohms per cell but look fine even though they got hot too. Wow, theres a lot of trail and error trying to get everything balanced to work effectively. Im looking for Dasboata for my new props and go from there
    You should not take your batteries below 80% discharge. They got hot and puffed because you over discharged them. If you want longer runtimes you will need to parallel in another set or use bigger capacity batteries.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

A resting voltage of 3.5 volts means the cells are completely drained, no usable voltage left. What is the LVC setting on the ESCs? A correct setting should have prevented this. As above, they are probably permanently damaged.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Get rid of that battery, it is permanently damaged and could possibly cause a fire.