Thread: TFL Popeye Carbon Fiber

Default TFL Popeye Carbon Fiber

Check out Big Daddy's video on one of my custom TFL boat builds. Show him some love for supporting me guys! Watch, like, comment, share and subscribe to his channel

that thing is awesome! i have buyers remorse,i have a ul19
    ul-19, min-dom, Veles29

Looks great!!!
    Ditch the cooling on the motor mount. The fitting there are quite restrictive.
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    Looks great!!!
    Ditch the cooling on the motor mount. The fitting there are quite restrictive.
    Thanks for watching man, I understand what you are saying but I have had different results after a lot of testing. The motor cooling mounts consistently keep the overall temp of the motor down without any significant increase in the temperature readings on the ESC.

How long is just the hull? The website says 35” - not sure if this includes the hardware..
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    How long is just the hull? The website says 35” - not sure if this includes the hardware..
    You can contact me at naveda08@gmail.com to talk about details and place your order. BTW "TFL North America" is just another dealer like myself and not the actual TFL company.

Quote Originally Posted by naveda_08 View Post
    Thanks for watching man, I understand what you are saying but I have had different results after a lot of testing. The motor cooling mounts consistently keep the overall temp of the motor down without any significant increase in the temperature readings on the ESC.
    Did you measure flow rates? You only have so much pressure, and the flow rate is THE mechanism to remove heat.
    The larger the flow rate, the smaller your delta Temp will be on the water for the same power input
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Quote Originally Posted by larryrose11 View Post
    Did you measure flow rates? You only have so much pressure, and the flow rate is THE mechanism to remove heat.
    The larger the flow rate, the smaller your delta Temp will be on the water for the same power input
    Like I said before I understand the basic point you are making, obviously more water flow will provide more cooling. You can disagree but I just go by results I have personally had testing in the water and this setup certainly helps me keep a more even temperature on the motor overall after running 6 laps. Some people like adding a lot of independent water intakes or running oversized lines and such as you seem to prefer, others run lower Kv motors, smaller props, cooling plates or a combination of all of these. At the end of the day we all work towards the same results just have different ways to go about it. Thanks for the input bud you are definitely not wrong in the point you are making but in this situation assuming the mount is a hindrance is just something I cannot agree with

Anyone know how long this hull is from transom to end of the front sponson ? I am considering buying one to run in IMPBA Q class. But it needs to be longer that 35 in.

Or is it the same dimensions as the fiberglass Popeye ?

Quote Originally Posted by Munger View Post
    Anyone know how long this hull is from transom to end of the front sponson ? I am considering buying one to run in IMPBA Q class. But it needs to be longer that 35 in.

Or is it the same dimensions as the fiberglass Popeye ?
    They are the same, the only difference between them is the material

Quote Originally Posted by rogerturcotte View Post
    Anyone have information on the length of this hull from transom to front sponson end? I'm thinking about getting one to compete in the IMPBA Q class. However, it must be longer than 35 inches.

Or do its dimensions match those of the fibreglass Popeye's?
    Same size as the Fiberglass version, you can contact me at naveda08@gmail.com to place an order

Quote Originally Posted by naveda_08 View Post
    Like I said before I understand the basic point you are making, obviously more water flow will provide more cooling. You can disagree but I just go by results I have personally had testing in the water and this setup certainly helps me keep a more even temperature on the motor overall after running 6 laps. Some people like adding a lot of independent water intakes or running oversized lines and such as you seem to prefer, others run lower Kv motors, smaller props, cooling plates or a combination of all of these. At the end of the day we all work towards the same results just have different ways to go about it. Thanks for the input bud you are definitely not wrong in the point you are making but in this situation assuming the mount is a hindrance is just something I cannot agree with

I just significantly increased my water flow with a new rudder and temps went up, actually.