Thread: Charge lipos by feeding the charger with another lipo?

Default Charge lipos by feeding the charger with another lipo?

Before I had no problems charging but now with the RC and flying in the middle of the field I have been forced to charge batteries by pulling the car's battery and I didn't like it (I don't want to screw it up).
    I had thought about charging the 6s 5500mah lipos from the boat and using them to power the charger and charge those from the boat. Has anyone tried something similar?
    I can configure the charger so that when the input voltage drops to 22.5v it cuts off and thus the 6s lipos would not suffer.

I look for DC input ratings of 30V so I can use 6S or less lipos for charging. Put a little low V alarm on the battery or monitor it. By the last heat at a race I like to move current around so I can take home most of my cells below 3.85v
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Why not pick up something like this. https://www.grainger.com/product/54D...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

My Jeep came with a built in inverter . I can plug in pretty much anything into it . I haven't tried a lipo charger yet.

Yes, you can use your lipos to power the charger, if both are capable and compatible, and you monitor the 'donor' voltage.
    Been doing it for a while.

I do that every race day. I use a Hota D6 Plus as my field charger, which is capable of up to 30vdc input. I have two 6S 9500mAh LiPo's I got on a Black Friday sale for cheap, I use them in parallel to power my charger at the races. I can take 4-6 boats out there, and recharge each boat multiple times for multiple races/test runs without having to be tethered to an AC shore line. It works great for me!