Thread: mini v hulls

Default mini v hulls

what is the difference between a tenshock and a min-dom?

One is the name of a company. The other is a model carried by another company.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

The mini dom comes with a lower Kv Tenshock motor for use on 3s, but as stock Tenshock currently spec a 2s motor as they are a race boat manufacturer and in the Naviga mini classes there is a slight advantage to running 2s, with 2s you can get 3000mAh but on 3s only 1900mAh.

Of course as Tenshock manufacture their own motors as well as hulls and hardware, if you ask them they can supply any Kv you like.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

thanks for the info.i noticed both boats look the same,external hardware, even the box is the same.my mini has a 3s 2200mah.motor vz1515.

Sorry of my sense of humor wasn't "the right answer".

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

its ok ill be watching you!!! i have a dry sense of humor so im told.

Quote Originally Posted by Notch-R View Post
    its ok ill be watching you!!! i have a dry sense of humor so im told.
    Mine is "all over the board", from sardonic to sarcastic, from warped to witty. One of my top 'Rules of Life' is, "You can't make it through life successfully without a good sense of humor."

As for Tenshock (yes, I can be serious...when I need to), I have an Eco Mini, and it has the same configuration as yours. It's a blast to drive - super fast (especially for a boat of its size), can turn on a dime, super stable, and...possibly best of all...it runs on the exact same battery packs I use in my comp crawlers (whenever possible, I lake having packs that can be used in multiple vehicles/vessels). Initially, I considered the CF version, but decided to go for the FG, instead, as it's more durable.

As for the Mini-Dom, it's WAY overpriced. Truthfully, ALL of Bill's boats are WAY overpriced. He's charging over $100 more than what Tenshock charges...for the same boat. If you look at the other boats sold by Oxidean Marine, you notice the same thing. Worse, as the price of the OEM boats increase, the 'overcharging' done by Oxidean also increases. Personally, I've never met Bill (I know he's local to me, and occasionally shows up at District 9 races)...but, I do know the chance of me ever purchasing one of his boats is slim-to-none. He seems to think his name, alone, is worth paying excessively for...and, it's not. Even if Don Johnson (who was heavily into offshore racing) attached his name to an RC boat company, I still wouldn't pay extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Mine is "all over the board", from sardonic to sarcastic, from warped to witty. One of my top 'Rules of Life' is, "You can't make it through life successfully without a good sense of humor."

As for Tenshock (yes, I can be serious...when I need to), I have an Eco Mini, and it has the same configuration as yours. It's a blast to drive - super fast (especially for a boat of its size), can turn on a dime, super stable, and...possibly best of all...it runs on the exact same battery packs I use in my comp crawlers (whenever possible, I lake having packs that can be used in multiple vehicles/vessels). Initially, I considered the CF version, but decided to go for the FG, instead, as it's more durable.

As for the Mini-Dom, it's WAY overpriced. Truthfully, ALL of Bill's boats are WAY overpriced. He's charging over $100 more than what Tenshock charges...for the same boat. If you look at the other boats sold by Oxidean Marine, you notice the same thing. Worse, as the price of the OEM boats increase, the 'overcharging' done by Oxidean also increases. Personally, I've never met Bill (I know he's local to me, and occasionally shows up at District 9 races)...but, I do know the chance of me ever purchasing one of his boats is slim-to-none. He seems to think his name, alone, is worth paying excessively for...and, it's not. Even if Don Johnson (who was heavily into offshore racing) attached his name to an RC boat company, I still wouldn't pay extra.
    I am very impressed with your last sentence