Thread: New Guy, somewhat

Default New Guy, somewhat

Hi Guys

Been away from boats for a while. Looking to get back into it and have a question
    I currently have some 6s arrma trucks (i run 2-3s packs)
    Im looking into buying the Miss GEICO Zelos 36
    My question is, I used to race p-mono in batavia IL a long time ago and really liked the hull (29inch seducer)
    I dont know where to start with a motor, esc and prop, or is it even worth it
    Any help appreciated
    Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can't really help, but just had to say...that's one "clean" boat. Oh, yeah, and...welcome back!!!

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

I would go Pltd mono again.

That 29" hull will be swamped by the race water amongst much bigger Q size hulls if you go 6s, and your existing truck battery packs may well not be suitable for boat racing.

Check the racing in your area before you buy a Zelos to race. I think that Q Cat isn't popular enough to be available at every club.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

P Limited for sure. 4s with a 36mm x 60 mm motor. I recommend the Proboat 2k version. A limited setup will be faster than you remember P mono being. Maybe 6500 mah to keep the Seaducer in the water. Should go like stink.

The Zelos isn't really raced anywhere. They can go fast down the straights but aren't known for their turning ability. If just zooming is what yer after go for it.
    Noisy person

Thanks Guys. i guess im just thinking will it cost more to get the seducer going fast or spend the money on a rtr cat (i like the hull style)
    The local Batavia club doesnt seem to be together anymore so not worried about racing. Just me and my grandson having fun