Regarding a "Rules Proposal"; I have been away from FE racing for almost 12 years now. I decided last year to get back in - unfortunately Covid had other ideas for the racing scene; the border situation as well.

I did a great deal of reading to get back up to speed on current technology and to see who is still racing FE not only in D1 but throughout both countries. It seems from what I have read the P-Limited classes are very popular for a number of reasons. Certainly NAMBA has embraced the classes with inclusion of a rule set which arguably is the simplest way to identify what is or isn't compliant with the rules.

Despite what my sanity check may suggest I do - I am willing to take on proposing a set of rules which 'hopefully' after almost a decade of debate would see the Limited class be recognized on a one year trial leading to inclusion into the IMPBA rulebook. At this point I need to see an expression of interest - meaning I need 5 supporting members within my District (District 1) to support this. I understand that said support would require 'seeing' the proposal. Please send me via Messenger an expression of interest.

On another note: to all the FE racers in Ontario - message me via Messenger about this post and what you think is needed to return FE racing in Ontario to a competitive, supported community.

Thanks - Steve

PS - Please send me your thoughts via Messenger; I do not want this thread to end up an open debate on Limited vs full on open classes. That debate has been flogged to death. What cannot be debated is the popularity of the P-Limited classes. As a returning member to the racing scene (2022 at some point) - we should be looking for ways to increase participation at local club, regional and national levels. When I see entries for IMPBA events that have included P-Limited classes (according to NAMBA) rules and those classes are filled - it tells me something.