Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonzi epic 60 build

Default Bonzi epic 60 build

I have been building this 60 inch Apache slowly and as I am getting closer decided I wanted to share some photos of it. Power is a NEU 2230 1Y that will be on 10s 2P and the esc is a flier 400. Still a work in progress.

Got the steering setup done today. Cut a carbon plate to size, then drilled holes and mounted it to the stringers using self tapping hex head screws. I threw bolted the Servo onto the plate with lock nuts on the back, everything feels secure and I?m happy with the look of it as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Waterlines are just mocked up right now but will clean up later. The boat is running all speed master hardware, it currently has a tapered rudder blade but after finding out that the water pickup holes are located lower on the strait blade I ordered a new strait blade to replace the tapered.

Thats a big ass boat nice. :) Share how the flier esc works out as they seem like pretty good value for high amps. Im also interested in that motor mount setup with the oil cup. Is that from OSE?

I have several of the fliers in multiple boats and I have had very good luck with the bigger amp esc’s. I have ran the 300-400 and haven’t had any issues running big power. If you are wanting one for higher amps and high voltage go strait for the 400, not much difference in price and they have been bullet proof for me so far. Both the aluminum case such as what is in my boat as well as the soft case 400s.

Forgot to respond to the other question, the motor mount is from stump fab but the oiling system is for my flex shaft, that bar is holding the stuffing tube in place and yes I got the oiling setup from OSE.

I have had good luck with the flier escs too; I have used the 320amp and still going strong!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

What size is the rudder and trim tabs? I'm building a 72inch mono. I'm gathering parts .

The rudder is the 6 inch stand off bracket and I put the strait blade dual water pickup on it. The trim tabs are also speed master and they are the 4 inch long tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    I have had good luck with the flier escs too; I have used the 320amp and still going strong!
    Yea I really have no complaints, I will be buying more in the future for other boats as well. I haven’t tried the 320 yet.

Ok. Thanks. Nice build

Got the boat out on the water and it ran great!

Nice
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeT View Post
    Got the steering setup done today. Cut a carbon plate to size, then drilled holes and mounted it to the stringers using self tapping hex head screws. I threw bolted the Servo onto the plate with lock nuts on the back, everything feels secure and I?m happy with the look of it as well.
    Hey what’s the servo brand and size?
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

It’s actually a standard size servo it’s the waterproof 25oz I got it before they made the 40 but it has no problems handling this boat. I will probably upgrade to the 40 just because if there was ever a boat that needed it it’s probably this one lol

It’s actually a standard size servo it’s the waterproof 25oz I got it before they made the 40 but it has no problems handling this boat. I will probably upgrade to the 40 just because if there was ever a boat that needed it it’s probably this one lol
    What brand servo? 25oz, seems rather small for such a large boat. Or did you mean 250 oz?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Power Hd the blue ones that ose sells

Power Hd the blue ones that ose sells
    So you’re using the power Hd 25kg servo? Ok a pretty decent servo. 319-347 oz

Yes that is what I have currently with zero issues, it can throw that boat around no problem.

Nice build. What size props have you been running?
    I have a 48" ML Boatworks mono that I am thinking of converting to FE. I'm thinking of going with a 56 size motor in the 110 to 123mm length range on 12s just to be able to use my existing 6s packs.

I ran an octura 465 for the first run but I have now switched to a modded 2514/3 abc prop. I haven’t tried it out yet

Here?s the epic sitting on it?s much bigger brother lol

I would say more like an older cousin. Looks good.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

It’s funny the cover is dang near the same color as the epic

Got the boat out on the water and it ran great!
    Hi any vids?
    For those who decided on electing an idiot to power
    Consider yourself well represented

I have an electric epic 60 built by bonzi .
    I am having issues getting good water flow . I have dual pickup on the rudder .
    Are you getting good water flow at slower speeds i have none . And am thinking about adding electric water pumps . Any thoughts ?

My water flow is good at low speeds. I have a speedmaster strait blade rudder on mine

Thanks

Here?s the epic sitting on it?s much bigger brother lol
    Any chance we can get to see a running video?

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyboy61 View Post
    I have an electric epic 60 built by bonzi .
    I am having issues getting good water flow . I have dual pickup on the rudder .
    Are you getting good water flow at slower speeds i have none . And am thinking about adding electric water pumps . Any thoughts ?
    Forgot to say I think the water pumps would work, I have seen a few people run them and they have been happy with the results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast