Thread: 72 inch ExpressCraft V haul build

Default 72 inch ExpressCraft V haul build

Trying to figure out what kv motor to run. I want to use the castle xlx2 ESC. So that's 8s. I'm going with a TP 5680 motor. Not built for racing but I want it to be fast. 70 to 80 mph. Need help with kv and prop size.

That speed is pretty unrealistic with a six-foot hull on 8S with that ESC. The weight and drag are considerably more that what is seen on the more common three to four-foot long boats. Few here have experience with big monos of that size, perhaps some will respond.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

for this hull you need some serious power, with a tp 5680 you need a twin setup and for a single setup a lehner 30100 is the only motor i can think of ,and all these setup's on 12s and big esc's

Anything is possible with time and money. You're going to need some more money... I would imagine you'll need to run 10S at a minimum, possibly 12S. Even then, run times will be short unless you run a second set of packs in parallel.

Check out this build on a 70" CRC single motor V-bottom hull.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...light=wheelman
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I am going with 2 5680. 300a esc's I know it's not going to be cheap. I have always wanted a really big rc boat. All my other boats are under 50 inches. 750kv?? On 12s?

yea 600 to 750kv is ok with 12s ,then the surge for the best props start(i preferrer for a twin ABC props maybe you can contact Chris Hoffman for advice or Steve Vaccaro OSE)

I have a few of Chris's props. I was trying to post a picture from the TP site to show the kv I can order.

On the website tppower.de you can find what you want and if you live in the US you can order it there but that german website give the best tp info

I live in the US in Florida. I'll check out the German site. I want to build a awesome boat. Should I do 4inch trim tabs?

those tabs from speedmaster look very good

I really like them. I'm doing all speed master hardware. I'm looking forward to painting this boat. All my boats have custom paint. That's what I do for a living. Going to go all out on this big haul.