Thread: Sonic Wake Strut Mod Replacement from Boat Biz

Default Sonic Wake Strut Mod Replacement from Boat Biz

Hey Guys,

I am needing help from anyone who has replaced the stock strut with the adjustable strut from Boat Biz on their Sonic Wake and whats involved as in steps, tools required. I appreciate the help and feedback..
    Thanks

Post some pictures of the stock install and the new part(s) & I'll see if I can guide you (I don't have a Sonicwake but I've built a few boats )
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang2711 View Post
    Hey Guys,

I am needing help from anyone who has replaced the stock strut with the adjustable strut from Boat Biz on their Sonic Wake and whats involved as in steps, tools required. I appreciate the help and feedback..
    Thanks
    I used to have one. It's pretty straightforward. Remove the old strut, cut the stuffing tube and liner down enough so that the new strut will sit flush (couple mm hanging out of the back of the transom), and trimmed the rubber grommet with a razor so the the new stinger would fit.

Default Strut

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Post some pictures of the stock install and the new part(s) & I'll see if I can guide you (I don't have a Sonicwake but I've built a few boats )
    Hey Tb

Cut the liner ?? I am not sure what you mean..Please explain..and also the stuffing to 1mm or so out the rear of the Hull to be safe.. just want to not *!***!***!***!** it up..Would a Dremel dpo the cut good enough.. just asking..
    Thanks
    John

With the rc boat blitz one you would removed the old strut and measure from the transom mark 1/4 inch about 5-6 mm on the stuffing tube. Cutting the stuffing tube at this point. when you cut through this tube you will see a plastic white liner. This liner you will cut at the same mark. Cut all the way through to shorten the stuffing tube and liner. You may need to trim the rubber grommet to properly fit the Rc boat Blitz stinger. I have one of those boats and upgraded the stinger. Now i did go with a speed master stinger with mine. similar concept

Default B Blix Stinger..

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanj View Post
    With the rc boat blitz one you would removed the old strut and measure from the transom mark 1/4 inch about 5-6 mm on the stuffing tube. Cutting the stuffing tube at this point. when you cut through this tube you will see a plastic white liner. This liner you will cut at the same mark. Cut all the way through to shorten the stuffing tube and liner. You may need to trim the rubber grommet to properly fit the Rc boat Blitz stinger. I have one of those boats and upgraded the stinger. Now i did go with a speed master stinger with mine. similar concept
    Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the reply, and reaching out.. I have a good idea and know what to do, just wanted to make sure how much to cut of the tube from the stern out, and understanding about trimming the grommet,,I am assuming tolerances must be close so to yous flex seal as a sealant with the strut screws...
    Thanks
    John

Thanks TB
    I appreciate that....Gotcha...
    John