Thread: 2215 powered cat and mono

Default 2215 powered cat and mono

I am going to start building these two boats that will both be powered by NEU 2215 1.5Y motors on 8 and 10s. The cat is an aeromarine avenger 36 with the old school ?team believer? hatch and the other boat is a Delta force MK2 38? hull. I would be curious to see some other builds similar to them and also here how people are liking their 2215s.
    Last edited by BlakeT; 01-07-2022 at 05:34 PM.

Well I actually got something done finally. Epoxied some carbon plate on the transom of the cat to make mounting easier for the strut and rudder. Next will be to drill and mount the strut then epoxy the motor in and run the driveline through the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Little bit more progress
    Attached Images Attached Images

Keep at Blake, that’s the beauty thing about these. We can walk away when life gets in the way and pick back up when time permits. And NOT take up two bays of the garage.

That will be plenty of motor for either hull but I bet they will like the weight.
    Shawn

Tha is Shawn! Yea it is nice to be able to pause on the builds and continue on when you want. I think this combo should run pretty well in here, I already have an avenger with a 2215 1Y on 6s and the boat runs very very well