Thread: Want a mini hull

Default Want a mini hull

Anyone know a good place to get a mini fiberglass hull from? Wanna build a mono in the 16-17" range.

Check work Oliver at Hydro & Marine (Germany). He has several Eco Minis (which are monos) you might be interested in:
    https://www.hydromarine.de/Hulls/Mic...130_16_93.html

He also has some more 'traditional' monos:
    https://www.hydromarine.de/Hulls/Mic...1kfi17uohca6j4

And, finally, be has one...the Redbird...that's TRULY unique (kinda like a cross between a mono, and a jet fighter):
    https://www.hydromarine.de/Hulls/Mic...bird::413.html

Then, halfway around the world (China), there's Tenshock, and they're collection of minis:
    http://www.tenshock.com/products/boat.html

That should give you plenty of options to consider. Personally, I've got one from each - a Tenshock Eco Mini Swordsman ARTR, and an H&M Drifter Micro hull (micro catamaran) that I'll be building into a twin.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Thanks man, much appreciated! Need another winter project to keep from going insane! Hehe.

What type of hull are you after?

H&M Minime is a good mini rigger as is the Ecomaster Mini Hydro and the Etti Mini Outcast. Or if you want to make your own there are free plans for a JAE and a Keps mini rigger.

Tenshock make the best mini mono, but the Ecomaster mini slider is also very good.

MHZ miss Madison is the best mini scale hydro, add the saltwater snorkel and a flood chamber for self righting.

Ecomaster makes the best mini Eco hulls.

I haven't found a decent commercially available mini cat for ovals or sport running, there are a few cheap Chinese plastic toy grade ones, or MHZ and H&M make some nice scale cat hulls that are good for SAWs.
    Last edited by NativePaul; 12-13-2021 at 05:00 AM.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I'm looking to do a mono, not looking to spend much. I like the MHZ mamba. Good price, shipping a little steep. Gonna run a 3000kv outtunner on 3s. Wondering if I should go with a flex shaft or solid shaft.

You could ask Steve at OSE if he is getting any Delta Force hulls coming in soon. The DF mini Cyberstorm is nice and the DF Mini Sniper is a favorite of mine. They are 19" and 23" respectively.

Solid tough hulls and decently priced.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I have a DF sniper I built last year. I love it, solid stable boat. 19" might be a bit bigger than I want but it could work. I'll ask him about the mini cyberstorm. I'm looking at an MHZ boat, the mamba, about 16". Anyone have any experience with MHZ powerboats? Only about 110$ shipped.

MHZ can certainly build a good hull, I have had a couple and have no complaints as to the quality.

Monos aren't realy my bag, expecially unstepped ones, so I have not had a Mamba. I have seen one attempt tp race though and can say that it is not a raceworty hull. Too narrow to turn really well, and too amp hungry being unstepped. It is however a pretty scale looking boat that for its size is decent in rough water.

I owned a red MHZ Micro Fountain and I liked that. Another boat I wish I still had. I had a MEGA 24mm motor in there and a little castle Mamba esc. It was a bit wild.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I have no experience with stepped hulls. Are they a lot better than deep Vs?

They are quite a lot more efficient than an unstepped mono. In general the taller the step the greater the efficiency gain, but you pay for it with worse handling and sea keeping, while you can get a decent efficiency gain whilst barely noticing the negatives on a well designed stepped hull, there is probably a much bigger difference between a well and poorly designed stepped hull than there is with a well and poorly designed unstepped hull.

Like unstepped monos in general a stepped deep V will be slower and handle worse, but will cope better in rough water than a shallow V.

By efficiency do you mean purely a gain in run time with cooler run temps or does it illead to higher speeds. Do stepped hulls make cornering more difficult? I like to be able to take really tight turns, no racing for me just recreational. I basically build em and fix em, my son does most of the driving

Either or both, you can use the extra efficiency to use less power gaining run time and running cooler at the same speed, or you can use it to go faster for the same power.

All the stepped hulls I mentioned were developed for oval racing, and around an oval circuit they are no more difficult to corner than an unstepped mono, ultimately though if you want to turn as fast as possible yes they are worse for that, best would be a F1E boat (kinda like SAWs but with turning), unstepped shallow V with some hook in the hull and submerged drive.

Holy crappola that boat screams ��������������

MMProducts SPIKE, 16" Mono.