Thread: 3M Dual Lock for lipos

Default 3M Dual Lock for lipos

anyone use just 3M dual lock to hold lipos in without using straps?

Yes...but, only in my micro boats...at least, so far. I do have a couple of small 24" boats that I could probably do the same (ProBoat Shockwave, & TFL Jet Boat), but I'm thinking it could be a "bad idea" in the larger/faster boats.

I remember reading about someone else who, on a SAW boat, figured, since the boat is only doing straight lines when at speed, it should be safe enough to only use the Dual Lock tape. During a run, the boat hit 'something' (don't know if he ever figured out what is was...piece of wood, turtle, etc), and flipped with a hard landing. Not only did it knock the batteries loose, but one of them cracked the canopy. No serious damage, and the cracked canopy was easily repaired...but, it just goes to show that only using Dual Lock might not be a "good idea". The weight of the batteries are will below the 'holding weight' of Dual Lock...but, in any sort of crash, the 'force weight' will easily exceed the 'holding weight'.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

There are different strengths of dual lock, and you can combine the different strengths.
    I found out by accident lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

I use it with the straps . I don't want to see how much damage 3s or 6s batteries will do when my boats flip at 80plus mph.

so i might just use 1 strap, there just a PIA. But if using just 1 in the centre that should be safe enough i would think