Thread: Old School Dumas Miss Unlimited

Default Old School Dumas Miss Unlimited

Beautiful shot of a cool old boat. How about some pictures of the interior and information on your setup. I have always thought that would be a good boat to build and seeing your picture clearly uped my interest.

It was a cool boat to build. Old school though, not much thought went into sealing the boat for RC use as it was designed for tether line nitro use. I have seen the ML Boatworks Hydroplanes and I wish I saw how they make the hatches one large rectangle. I would have modified the Dumas kit to make it more water tight. But it's a runnin' thing! I didn't know as much about IMPBA rules for racing when I built it so I just wanted to to be fast. I used a Leopard 4082 and a Seaking 180 Amp running on six cells. Steve recommended the drive setup when I sent in a request telling him what I was building and what I was looking for. This is the type on boat that you can't just hold full throttle and watch it go. It might end up in a tree! I am learning to drive it so it stays on the water. I test drove a gas boat a buddy was selling and it was all steering while just hold the trigger full. Not what I was looking for. But I do need to build a gas boat so I fit in better at the club as they are 90% gas. I think the look at electrics as toys. They still have some but just to play with.. If I'm gonna race I need a gas boat I'm afraid.
    20211215_154740.jpg20211215_154727.jpg