Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.4ghz transmitter for rc boat

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    Did you sell the L glass?
    No!!!!! I am waiting until I win the lottery so I can swing getting a full fram sensor back like the 5D so I can use the wide angle more effectively. I have a 16-35, 24-70 100-400 zooms plus a 50 (f1.0) and an 85 . In addition to the action shots I alos enjoy nature and landscapes. The 1.6 sensor on my 10D just ain't doing it for me.

The new camera is for when I am too lazy to cart the real camera around. Hopefully it will take some decent shots. I tested it at a jet rally a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to do OK even with the fast movers.

We'll see how it does with boats!!

And Mel - your English is just fine. I hope you are getting some useful information.
    Don't get me started

Ahh and we digress.....
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

I don't see your point. I was talking about taking photos of boats equipped with 2.4 radios to demonstrate the range they are capable of. A discussion of the equipment necessary to do this is part and parcel of the discussion!!
    Don't get me started

I'm sorry you missed the "" at the end of the post there.

I understood the relevance of the topic you guys veered into and I saw the quote as stated below. I too am curious on the range of the 2.4 radios. I'm in the market for one as well.

We'll see how it does with boats!!
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Nope, I got it. I guess my response was too tongue in cheek. Even I will admit that it was a stretch to tie the topics together!!

And with regard to range, unless you have some need for extreme range, say over 1,000 feet, I can tell you that the Futaba FASST radios are going to work fine for you. If you have a need to go WAAAAAY out there, then maybe a radio intended for airborne use would be better suited. Like I said, measure you pond on Google Earth. I think you will be surprised at how far away you aren't!!
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    The Futaba radio sweeps the entire spectrum in a semi randomized manner 500 times a second.
    http://www.flyelectric.ukgateway.net/24scanner.htm

Found that last night while looking for some info. It has some neat info in it, thought you might enjoy it.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Bill, Is there any talk of a 5.8ghz controller soon? I see they have them for cordless phones or have. Would it matter?

why has no one suggested the dx3.0...this wont work?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12