Thread: Lipo Brand for Sonic Wake

Default Lipo Brand for Sonic Wake

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good quality Lipo brand I can get from a website in the 11.1v,5000mah,100c, 3S range? I heard SMC Graphenes are great but out of stock on their web page and unable to find a substitute of equal quality.I.ll be running 6S after the upgrades on the sonic wake. I appreciate any suggestions on this..Thanks

go for graphene panther from hobby king ,one of the best batteries

Hi Koen

Thanks for theads up. I'll check them out

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang2711 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good quality Lipo brand I can get from a website in the 11.1v,5000mah,100c, 3S range? I heard SMC Graphenes are great but out of stock on their web page and unable to find a substitute of equal quality.I.ll be running 6S after the upgrades on the sonic wake. I appreciate any suggestions on this..Thanks
    https://chinahobbyline.com/shop/deta...erywithec5plug

You can also use the CNHL G+ 70C packs. They are some of the best batteries available these days (along with their white/green racing/speedrun packs and the Hobbyking Panther Graphene's). Don't get too hung up on manufacturer claimed C ratings. There is no standard for testing, and no one to hold them accountable. Independent thorough battery testing shows even the very best LiPo's only have a True C rating of 45C, even though manufacturer claims range from 70-120C. If for instance, you were to purchase some claimed 100C packs, the true C rating could vary from 25-35C.

Actual example: Spektrum 100C packs have a True C rating of only 25C. CNHL G+ 70C packs have a True C rating of 45C. Between those two batteries, Spektrum is exaggerating the C rating by 300%, while CNHL is exaggerating by only 55%. Just casually browsing the manufacturer's website, you would think the $95 Spektrum with it's claimed 100C rating is the better pack, but it only does 25C for your $95. Meanwhile, the CNHL only claims 70C, and it only does 45C, but for $40. So buying the Spektrum battery for more than double the cost, gets you about half the performance, simply because the sticker on the side says 100C. A Turnigy Graphene Panther carries the same True C rating as the CNHL G+, at 45C, and is definitely cheaper at $66 than the Spektrum.

My point is, don't believe everything you read on a manufacturer's website. And definitely never buy a MaxAmps (claimed 120C, True 10C, can't even complete the testing without failure).

Hi TB,
    Thanks for the valuable information which helps along.Ill look into those types you mentioned. Much appreciated..