Thread: Stinger Mounting position

Default Stinger Mounting position

Hello, So I have a 32in deep vee. Beam 9in and dead rise 24 degrees boat I recently just got done building. I mounted a TFL 3/16 adjustable stinger at 3/8 centered of hull. First test chine walked badly. Moved the stinger up more 1/2 centered fixed most of chine walk but on plane high speed back of boat experienced a wooble side to side on plane of keel.
    Now thinking re mounting stinger to the right off set of center 1/4-3/8
    To help with torque roll of the hull. I?ve done a few builds and still learning. This hull has been a tricky one. Anyone thoughts to this and off centering the drive.

6s system
    4082 2000kv motor
    Two 3s packs mounted center in hull
    Speed master rudder

How is the ride angle of the hull when running on plane? If it's too wet (nose down) you may get bow steering causing your wobble at speed. If you can air out the hull by adding positive trim angle on your strut or moving the batteries rearward, you'll lift the nose and ride on less of the hull. Obviously, there's a fine line of too much positive trim and the hull wanting to blow over.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ride attitude there’s a slight bow up riding on back edge of the sharp keel. Tabs set at level of hull. My goal trying to get the set up close before introducing drag tabs. 30% cog almost like riding too dry and unstable.

What hull is this, and what speeds are we talking about? Full set up specs will help. Motor, batts, prop, hull brand or plans if wood, race or sport? Tons of variables. Details help us help you without having to assume.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet