Thread: Sonicwake 36

Default Sonicwake 36

I am upgrading my set up in my proboat sonicwake 36 for factory to a TP 3650 1680 Kv motor with a Seaking 180A ESC and am looking for the best prop match to go with this configuration.

Any help would be great, new to this whole upgrading thing.

If you check other SW36 threads, you'll discover the 3650 is NOT a good choice. This has to do with the extremely-high wattage needed to run the motor. Not even the ZTW Seal 200A ESC is enough...you'd probably need to go with the ZTW Seal 300A. A much better (and smarter) choice would be one of the TP 3640 motors.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

That's what was recommended to me by OSE themselves. That is a bit discouraging to hear. What would you recommend? to go with the Seaking 180A ?

If you have your heart set on a TP motor, the 3640-1935kv (if running 4S), or 3640-1570kv (for 6S). I already have the 1935kv (for my 4S SW), and should have the 1570kv (for my 6S SW) heading my way. The 4S SW runs the SeaKing 180...the 6S one will either be running the ESC, or the ZTW Seal 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    If you check other SW36 threads, you'll discover the 3650 is NOT a good choice. This has to do with the extremely-high wattage needed to run the motor. Not even the ZTW Seal 200A ESC is enough...you'd probably need to go with the ZTW Seal 300A. A much better (and smarter) choice would be one of the TP 3640 motors.

I disagree. I have a TP 3650 1950kv in my Pursuit, and the SK 180A is perfectly happy running it. That being said, in my Spartan, I have a TP 3640 1870kv, and the SK 180A in it is perfectly happy there as well. When I owned a SonicWake (I don't anymore) I ran the stock motor. The TP 3650 is rated for 106/203A on 6S voltage, which is right in the happy range of a SK 180A ESC. A ZTW 200A ESC is overkill (which isn't a bad thing). I run one of those in a cat where it's perfectly content running a TP 4050. There is no way you need a 300A ESC to run a TP 3650 if your setup is even half correct.

smrtcowboy

In your place, if running 6S, I would start with an OSE CNC 4314 prop and go from there. Monitor temps and how the boat runs, and then try bumping up to 4514.

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=cnc-4314250

Thanks tbonemcniel, appreciate your feedback. So many different opinions, but you presented some interesting specs.

Quote Originally Posted by smrtcowboy View Post
    Thanks tbonemcniel, appreciate your feedback. So many different opinions, but you presented some interesting specs.
    that Panther guy is a newbe just trying to fit in,,, kinda read a few blogs and thinks he knows it all,,,,, be warned becareful who you listen too , start with a x445
    Last edited by dasboata; 11-19-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks Dasboata for the feedback. what is your opinion on the setup. Majority rules so I have two inputs, making yours the 3rd. Where would I get a x445 is that available on OSE?

Thanks Dasboata for the feedback. what is your opinion on the setup. Majority rules so I have two inputs, making yours the 3rd. Where would I get a x445 is that available on OSE?
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=SB-oct-x445

That is already balanced and sharpened. They sell them cheaper raw if you have the capability to prep the prop yourself.

that's a fine place to start