Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32 inch F1 Tunnel build: Cozy F1 T800

Beautiful work.

Thanks 1coopgt

The cockpit cowl is cut in shape and fits the hull nicely.

The maiden run has been done. Without the cockpit for now. The hull runs very well. Top speed with stock 443 prop is 86 km/h or 54 mph. There's more in it with some fine tuning and another prop.

Here is a snapshot from a near-blowover. The angle of the outboard needs to.be trimmed down slightly.

Small video:

https://youtu.be/6gRx32VRygc

Amazing work and quite a quick build

Thanks lilbigmack. Actually I started the build in February 2021 already, so I did not post in the same time frame as the actual build.

The paint is removed from the hull in the meantime, due to a bad seam between wooden parts of the sponson. Water came in and I had to fix the hull before it got worse.

I made an outboard cover as well. See below for the actual hull status.

Outboard cover, made from 6 layers of 80gr/m2 glass cloth over a hard foam mold.

Painted outboard cover with decals:

Outboard detail:

Beautiful work Dirk! the detailed plug and mold work is mindbending! amazing to see what you build as always!
    DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

This guy is crazy! LOL... AWESOME F1

SUPER nice job so far.....especially the cowling..... !!

Any updates? Are you sharing your plans? Are you going to make a mold of the hull?
    Would love to build one!
    Beautiful boat here, Dirk!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Thank you! I made some progress a few weeks ago (see below). Currently not much ongoing, as I have to repaint the hull, but it is too cold outside and I have no chance to do it anywhere indoors.

I sanded the old paint completely off and put some additional glass cloth to reinforce the hull a little more. For example, I put 2 layers in the corners of the sponsons and bottom:

And I completed the outboard cover with some clear coats:

Finished the front section of the cowl. I closed the cowl with a 1.5mm plywood plate, put some balsa wood on top and sanded this into shape. Finished off with 2 layers glass cloth.

I will share the plans, but I need to finish the design. The lowered center section is not yet in for example. I am too busy at work unfortunately. I will update here if I finish the plans.

I have no plans for making a mold. I want to run the hull a.s.a.p again

Sounds good, looking forward to trying something new!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I'm currently painting the hull. The cowl is finished.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G970F met Tapatalk

Incredible paint work! you're a man of many talents!

Do you have approximate weights on the finished product? maybe some day I'll try my hand!
    DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

Thank you Autolex. The ready to run weight is approximately 3000gr. I will measure it once fully build up again.

I'm almost finished painting. Just some decals and then the clear coat. I hope to hit the lake this weekend.

Beautiful, congratulations

Thanks Alfa

Yesterday I ran 2 lipo's through the Cozy F1 T800. It was the first time with 100% completed hull.

The outboard height and angle need some fine tuning still. The hull could run more freely and with more speed. Other than that I had a great time! Here are some photos and a small video.

https://youtu.be/-g_8WilFvM8

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G970F met Tapatalk

Wow, great running boat! Looks super responsive.
    Would you consider sharing your plans?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Thanks Jesse . I will share the plans, but I need to update the drawings still.

I'm fine tuning the setup and I gained some speed by adjusting the outboard leg with a little more positive angle and also set it a bit higher.

The T800 ran a little too loose, as can be seen in the short video. Top speed is 55mph with 443 prop, 6S and 1650kv 3674 motor.

https://youtu.be/hsV-2KM-OsU

Now, for everyone who wants to build a Cozy F1 T800, I share the plans for free. See attachments. Drawings are A1 size. It took me quite some work.. all I ask is not to use the design commercially.
    If you build one, please show me the result

Cozy_F1_800_assembly_drawing.pdfCozy_F1_T800_mid-section_drawing2.pdfCozy_F1_T800_mid-section_drawing.pdfCozy_F1_800_sponsons_drawing.pdfT800_cowl_drawing.pdf

This is great, thanks for sharing Dirk!
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Yesterday I ran 2 lipo's through the Cozy F1 T800. After 12 runs, the hull and outboard hold up well.
    Top speed is 57mph so far, with 643 prop. I'm still fine-tuning the setup. I think with the prop set a little higher, it could go faster. I'm shooting for 62mph (100 km/h).

The hull is really stable, even when pushed a little harder. Here's a video of yesterday's run:

https://youtu.be/2lArViRQQ2U

Are you still using the mini tfl outboard for this boat? It looks like the mini leg. Would it be more beneficial to use the larger version for this boat?

This is a 33" hull with 6S power and it does use the TFL large leg.

Last weekend I took the T800 to the pond again. Running a 44mm 1.6 pitch prop I got to 60mph.
    It was quite windy and the hull was running a bit too loose in these conditions. Carefully against the wind..

Here's a video of last weekend. I flipped the hull twice. The hull holds up quite well, but I destroyed 2 steering servos already.

Esc is a Turnigy Marine 120A. Holding up surprisingly well. At least for the fun boating I do

https://youtu.be/9OXXRfgOnoI

I never tire or seeing the beautiful Cozy F1 T800 running Dirk!

do you have any ideas why you're going through servos so quickly? what make/model are you using?

now you have me thinking: i have a small catamaran hull that i have some "prop-ride" issues with (It's way overpowered and overpropped) but has me thinking about a gyroscopic tethered throttle (mounted 90? from normal) so when the hull pitches up the gyro could pull throttle... hmmmmm.

Thank you Autolex

The servos broke due to flipping the hull. The impact on the outboard of a bad landing, stripped the gears. Due to that, one servo motor burned down.
    Both servos were metal geared, digital and with metal casing. First one was a HK servo, second one a Savox . I might be able to fix the Savox, if I can find the gears for reasonable price.

The gyro idea is really nice! If it works, it might be a quick return of investment . I will think about applying it.

Here's a slide show video of my 33" F1 tunnel construction. For your entertainment and maybe pick up some ideas for your next builds!

https://youtu.be/VLsoFOm5FEo

It has been a while since I updated this topic. Last April a big catamaran collided into the T800 tunnel. It broke the cowl in half and the radio box at the front crushed.

I'm now repairing the damage and I made a video of it:

https://youtu.be/bWb2Tr_awvU

whoa! that wasnt very nice of the other vessel driver, especially to a nicely finished boat like this!

Look forward to your rework!

Quote Originally Posted by autolex View Post
    whoa! that wasnt very nice of the other vessel driver, especially to a nicely finished boat like this!

Look forward to your rework!
    It was very unfortunate and the catamaran owner felt really bad about it. He paid me for the repair as well. No hard feelings towards him. It was just an accident

I ran my 33" F1 T800 together with a mono boat. 2 different boats, with different power setups. But pretty well matched!

Arrow Shark mono:
    Length 35"
    6S 6200mAh
    4074 2000kV
    Flycolor 150A
    43mm 1.6 prop
    Weight ca 3500 gr.

Cozy F1 T800:
    Length 33"
    6S 5200mAh
    3674 1650kV
    Turnigy Marine 120A
    43mm 1.6 prop
    Weight ca 3100 gr.

The mono has more power, but the top speed yesterday was exactly the same: 54mph.

https://youtu.be/lROm5Ll08pY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12