Thread: JAE .21 FE version #1 ?

Default JAE .21 FE version #1 ?

Hi all i have the version 1 kit of the JAE .21 FE and Zippkits drive hardware kit from 10 yrs ago sitting on a shelf i was thinking as a winter build. I will be installing a Leopard 2200 kv 3674 motor with a seaking 180 amp esc for 4s 5000 mah lipo and a Futaba S3305 120 oz torque metal gear servo for steering . My ? here is when building this rigger as it was designed 10 yrs ago is there some things i should be doing different than described in the instruction manual for upgrades or just follow the instruction manual to the letter ? Any input would be appreciated . Regards Andris Golts.

Sorry I'm not much help for you here Andris. I am slightly jealous that you have one of these kits however...

I'm sure you will built it just right. BTW, International Waters forum might also have answers for you.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I built one about nine years ago running 4S and a Castle 1415/2400 motor. It ran just awesome, turning 12-seconds laps on the NAMBA oval and topping out in the mid/upper 70s - with that huge turn fin. I set it up exactly as the instructions stated, with the bottom of the strut hard against the bottom of the ski and dead flat. No reason to try to re-invent the wheel…..

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    I set it up exactly as the instructions stated, with the bottom of the strut hard against the bottom of the ski and dead flat. No reason to try to re-invent the wheel…..
    Jay is right. I can't believe it's been 10 years! Mine raced up until this year when I quit running the class. Andris I don't remember how many of these I built for people. Build it per the instructions and you won't be disappointed. If you didn't get the cowl in your kit I think they are still available from Phil at http://www.vac-u-boat.com/Aftermarket.htm
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Thanks to all for the great information.Regards Andris Golts .