Thread: T mono props??

Default T mono props??

I'm putting a T mono together and looking for some help on prop choices. I already have an ABC 2714-15-65(3) CPL (68.58mm) and was hoping it might work.
    Set up
    46" Y6 mono w/ flooded stuffing tube
    Leopard 56110 780kv
    Swordfish 300X
    10,000mah of 10s
    If I'm way off with that prop any suggestions would be appreciated.

For Mono's I recommend starting off with Octura X series. The low pitch ratio is more forgiving than higher pitch ratio's and they are low lift. I would try a X455/3, X457/3, X460/3 or X460.
    Prather props also tend to work well. P250, P255, P260.

The 2714 you mentioned may be a little large to start off with. That's a typical gas prop, but you will be spinning 30-40% more RPM than a Zenoah on 10S.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    For Mono's I recommend starting off with Octura X series. The low pitch ratio is more forgiving than higher pitch ratio's and they are low lift. I would try a X455/3, X457/3, X460/3 or X460.
    Prather props also tend to work well. P250, P255, P260.

The 2714 you mentioned may be a little large to start off with. That's a typical gas prop, but you will be spinning 30-40% more RPM than a Zenoah on 10S.
    I thought that 2714 would be a bit much and yes I ran that prop on gas in this hull. My other FE monos do run much better with the Octura X series props. Why mess with a good thing, I'll go with X series. Thanks for the help.

I'm running a 45" mono with TP5670 650 kv and seaking 130 HV esc on 10s. With an ABC 2314/3 it is running at 90kph and amp draw is reasonable using <4000 mah for a heat race. It's enough to keep up with and beat larger gassers. The race water can be nasty!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

I'm going to have to run a little faster than that to keep up with the T monos and T cat in my club. Course speeds in the 65mph(104kph)+ range and the club record straight line run is 73.6mph(118.4kph) which won't stand for long knowing this group. I'll be happy with low 60s, gotta finish to win it!

Quote Originally Posted by tjj atx View Post
    I'm going to have to run a little faster than that to keep up with the T monos and T cat in my club. Course speeds in the 65mph(104kph)+ range and the club record straight line run is 73.6mph(118.4kph) which won't stand for long knowing this group. I'll be happy with low 60s, gotta finish to win it!
    Travis?

Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    Travis?
    Yes sir, whats up Tbone

Yes sir, whats up Tbone
    Oh ya know, keeping up on boat stuff while I'm at work. Your thread caught my eye, because of my current T Mono build. Then that last post talking about the speed record, I said, "hmm, that sounds familiar. That's HOTMBC." Then I remembered you mentioning a T Mono build yourself, looked at the screen name, and made an educated guess.

I think it'll be fun with our lowly TP/Lepoard/Swordfish boats keeping up with those Lehner/Schulze boats. We're at a disadvantage already, but I'm certain you can do it, and I think I stand a chance.

Oh ya know, keeping up on boat stuff while I'm at work. Your thread caught my eye, because of my current T Mono build. Then that last post talking about the speed record, I said, "hmm, that sounds familiar. That's HOTMBC." Then I remembered you mentioning a T Mono build yourself, looked at the screen name, and made an educated guess.

I think it'll be fun with our lowly TP/Lepoard/Swordfish boats keeping up with those Lehner/Schulze boats. We're at a disadvantage already, but I'm certain you can do it, and I think I stand a chance.
    I'm trying to build a drivable boat, if you can actually finish a race in T mono you've gotta great chance at winning. Those sniper 45's are crazy!! What kv did you go with?

I'm trying to build a drivable boat, if you can actually finish a race in T mono you've gotta great chance at winning. Those sniper 45's are crazy!! What kv did you go with?
    970kv

970kv
    Lets continue this on FB.