Thread: Powerhobby lipo?s question

Default Powerhobby lipo?s question

Please delete
    Last edited by mrd72; 11-08-2021 at 11:26 PM.

This appears to be the for sale thread in question. I know Brian, the buyer, we've done business several times in the past. He's a good guy.

With that said, PowerHobby are lower quality lipo batteries. I've never used them personally, but I do know they performed poorly when tested independently by MSC Guy in the extensive RC Groups lipo thread. So bad, I believe he stopped subjecting them to abuse halfway through the test and didn't even bother posting the results in the main chart. Low quality lipo cells have high IR readings. Fact. As for your for sale post, you made no claims on their performance, made no claims on their IR readings, you stated only the number of cycles and that they were balanced. It makes sense that a buyer might be underwhelmed by their performance, but it's on them to do their own research before the purchase, especially if IR readings were important to them. I see no need for you to make any additional concessions. Brian can resell the batteries is he's unhappy with them. Selling used lipo batteries can be a crapshoot, especially when you consider the shipping restrictions many ignore. I sell mine with as much information in the post as I can, cycles, individual cell voltages, total balance Delta, and IR readings.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)