Thread: Jupiter 125 electric motor size and install help

Default Jupiter 125 electric motor size and install help

I am new to this hobby and need maybe lots of help.
    I have a Jupiter 125 Cabin Cruiser that I inherited from my father in law when he passed away in 1979. I have been carting this model around from one move to another and I am finally going to try to finish it. The hull is completely assembled but no paint. I have the original NOS gas motor and all of the equipment to install it but, I have found that most areas will not let me sail the boat with a gas motor. The gas motor is water cooled 2 cycle. I need to figure out an equivalent electric motor, batteries etc. to convert to a system that can be used with same performance and the gas motor. This is going to be a grandson, grandpa project. Any help is appreciated. The boat is approx. 54" stem to stearn and 16" beam.

Thanks
    CT

Cool boat! You can find scale drive components here. https://www.harbormodels.com/propellers.html

I would find a scale-appropriate appropriate shaft and prop diameter, or two of each if you want a twin, and then post here again for brushless motor and ESC recommendations. A low KV setup with a couple packs should only require a minimal speed control and generate long run times. I'd set it up to run about 25mph.

Cool

The OP’s large model was usually powered by a single 30-40cc gasoline engine, so many of the parts he needs are best obtained here on OSE. There are many ways to power the model, we need to know the OP?s goals for speed and run time, what his budget is, and if he has local contact with anyone experienced building R/C boats.

Here is an old build thread of one Jupiter 125 using an obsolete drive system, perhaps this is the same model the OP has:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...25-Build/page3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for