Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Builder: DYMotorshop 750mm Mono - High Deep V "Jack"... watch me learn!

I decided not to overlay the inlay onto the deck brace, I just wrapped the back in CK tape and epoxied it.

Ran the (hurried and ugly) inlay in and put most of the stern hardware (except for the rudder/servo mount combo)

Capture.jpg

I ran the plumbing (starting with octura through hull bolt style pickups, may put in some glass-in angled inlet ones at some point) and discharge lines.

I placed the receiver where i wanted it (real high on the stern plate) and put my antenna mount in.

Still need to put the rudder/servo in, cut the flex shaft and place the battery trays. Bow is full of foam now too.
    DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

I like your cowl setup, do you still have to use hatch tape with that foam seal?

Cowl stayed watertight and i'd trust the bolts far more in a crash than tape anyway. works for me. :)

2021-11-28.jpg

Took it out and ran it around on 4S with a 42mm prop, was blowing the prop out of the water (realized after i'd puttered around a bit that the strut had some serious downward angle, corrected once home)

Made a minor tweak to the flex tube (put a slightly longer piece of teflon liner in it), leveled it out and want to go run it again: this thing just ate ALL the waves, it was very choppy today!
    DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

Looking good in the sunshine. How do you like that SSS motor?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G970F met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Jan View Post
    Looking good in the sunshine. How do you like that SSS motor?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G970F met Tapatalk
    motor seems quite capable, planning a 6S Graphene run tomorrow with a 45mm prop, should be warmer but probably still windy near me. I'll get some pictures :)

Well I'm getting closer but i've got a few issues to solve:

1. was initially blowing the prop out of the water (the strut, which is length and pitch adjustable, was negligently pointing quite "down") - since remedied

Before strut angle fix: I was blowing the prop out of the water once on plane, severely limited speed obviously

2021-11-28.jpg

Fixed this by just making it level with the tail of the bottom, so 0 degrees.

Then I ran into another issue today:

2. I think my strut is too long: I am still blowing the prop out of the water as the motor winds up (45mph now)...

Additionally: I can replicate the issue by flooring the throttle while cruising on plane (the prop acts like it's not "catching")

2021-11-30 (3).jpg 2021-11-30.jpeg 2021-11-30 (1).jpg 2021-11-30 (2).jpg

Since TFL made this strut length adjustable, I think that I need to start shortening the strut and drive a bit.

Are there guidelines for strut length vs hull length or width?

Additional Data:

My CoG is right at 1/3 from the stern, balanced neatly around the motor/batteries.
    My trim tabs are set "level" (so 0 degrees) and are about 1/16" above the hull edge.
    My turn fins are set to only touch the water when cornering, they don't touch when going straight
    Last edited by autolex; 11-30-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Well I lopped about 1/2" off my flex shaft and shortened the strut equally, I'll throw it back in the lake tomorrow if I get time.

The winter in saint louis is finally making me hopeful again.

This week: I'll dust off my new big boy 6S2P Graphene packs (6000mah each : WAY heavier) and put them all in the rear setting and work forward till it blows the prop out again.

and I think i'd like to setup a session for my new OSE CNC 46mm Cleaver Prop

I'm going to figure this out soon!

Can't wait to get the deep-v back in Simpson Park Lake!

I did have a small winter project: an "OEM'ish" Brushless Jet-Jam!

Link in Signature for all the details: nice to be able to reuse some old Blackjack and sealthwake parts!

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by autolex; 03-22-2022 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Better Pictures

Reviewing this thread today: i'll be putting some time in this spring into reworking and reinforcing the deck support, going to grind and probably re-overlay everything.

I've got a 40mm mount in mind that should be able to support my existing uprights and may go to a 4092 or longer.

The boat needs some love!
    Last edited by autolex; 02-05-2024 at 10:15 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12