Thread: Nexgen P-Limited Hydro

Default Nexgen P-Limited Hydro

A few months ago, I heard that Mark Grim was involved in a new project. Nexgen boats first offering is a P-limited hydro. After a few conversations, Mark brought a kit to the NAMBA nats for me. They did not have instructions written at the time, so I did not do any kind of build thread in case I contridicted the instructions. The boat is fully cut with CNC router and laser cutter so it goes together quickly and accurately. The kit comes with complete hardware including Speedmaster strut and rudder, Mojo turnfin, cable with stuffing box, and motor mount. So you get parts that are designed to work on the boat.
    I got it finished up today and will test next weekend.
    The new boat has set the NAMBA 2 lap record, and was first, second and fourth at the Nats running fast time along the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Mark
    I was also empressed with the boat and thinking I would like to get one too. What is the over length and what ESC is that?

Shure enjoyed watching the twins run at the Nat's
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

I know I'm just getting started in FE racing...but, isn't that an outrigger (and not a hydro)? Do outriggers & (true) hydros compete under three same class? If greatly appreciate some info to better help me understand. I may have experience on off-road vehicles, but I'm definitely still in the "learning process" where boats area concerned (have a P-Ltd mono & P-open cat, and just obtained a P-Sport hydro).

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    I know I'm just getting started in FE racing...but, isn't that an outrigger (and not a hydro)? Do outriggers & (true) hydros compete under three same class? If greatly appreciate some info to better help me understand. I may have experience on off-road vehicles, but I'm definitely still in the "learning process" where boats area concerned (have a P-Ltd mono & P-open cat, and just obtained a P-Sport hydro).
    In namba racing it is a matter of racing up in classes and what can not race down in class to make it fair and fill classes if need be in sanctioned races. a cat , a sport hydro and a out rigger can all race together in Hydro. The progression is or starts with Mono then OPC then Catamaran/cat then sport hydro Hydro then rigger. All classes can race up to hydro and none can race down. Rigger is for riggers only. I think this is accurate. If I made any mistakes others will chime in I am sure.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I think its around 34 inches long. The ESC is a Mamba X8. I copied the cooling that Don outlined in the esc thread in the electronics section.

Thank you!
    Everyone for your purchase of the NexGen (E-PL-1)P Limited Hydro & (E-P-1) P Hydro Kit

Richard Grenier - Ready - to - Run P Limited Hydro
    Mike Hughes - P Limited Hydro Kit
    Eric Bourlet - P Limited Hydro Kit
    Henry Ourd - 2 P Limited Hydro Kits
    Mike Ball - P Hydro Kit
    Shawn Junker - P Limited Hydro Kit

Thanks Mark
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Wow, there's even room for flotation.
    Noisy person

Nice!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Shawn Junker has me looking into one.
    I was curious as to the difference between the p-limited and the regular p hulls

The only difference is that we added extra bulkheads to the tub for the placement of the bigger motor. Otherwise, everything else is the same.
    Kim Grim

Last edited by ray schrauwen; 11-28-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Last edited by ray schrauwen; 11-28-2021 at 03:42 PM.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Has anyone had any luck getting ahold of the Nexgen crew? My kit was missing several crucial parts and I can't seem to get any response from them.

Additionally, I had a few build questions that perhaps someone could answer:

• the tool for aligning the transom hardware is missing. Should the strut brace be mounted in the center of the transom? Is it easier to drill these holes before the transom is mounted to the tub?
    • I received a piece of fiberglass in the kit that says “inside transom piece” – where and how does this piece get installed? I didn’t notice it in the instructions.

Aaron,

Do you tried calling Charlie at (256)-384-6946?

The tool to aligning the strut is a simple 1/4" strip that just helps center the strut and rudder bracket vertically on the transom. I would recommend using the pushrod hole to position the rudder bracket and then use a straight edge on the top of bottom surface to align the strut at the same level.

The inside transom fiberglass piece is a glued on the inside of the transom to keep the nuts from deforming the wood when tightened. It's a big backing washer.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

How do we contact Mark?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    How do we contact Mark?
    Mark's number is 714.615.9974. He's aware you've asked so give him a shout any time.

Thank you. Before I contact Mark I have to decide on this hull or a Black Pearl. Tough decision! Both are very capable hulls, 2 different classes however...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Thank you. Before I contact Mark I have to decide on this hull or a Black Pearl. Tough decision! Both are very capable hulls, 2 different classes however...
    Just get both. problem solved!
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Quote Originally Posted by HTVboats View Post
    Just get both. problem solved!
    Mic
    That's exactly right! Then there's not fear of missing out.

Thank you all very much for the quick responses. I had to make a tough decision and the Black Pearl won. Sorry. I know this hull is a winner but Sport Hydro is more popular here and my budget is limited.

If I decide to sell another boat I have then I will be all over one of these.

Thanks again.
    Nortavlag Bulc