Thread: another ZTW 200a question

Default another ZTW 200a question

Hello, Im having issues with ZTW 200a esc. I have a twin set up and one motor seems to start running before the other motor. I have used LCD program box to use same esc settings. 25% start power/ auto timing. sometimes the boat pulls to one side because of this. it is very annoying. do you have any recommendations? running neu 1530 1y 1100kv motors, 8s. I use only one bec off esc and cut the 2nd one off. The esc that supplying bec is about 10 degrees warmer, is this because of the extra bec draw? or because this is the esc and motor that starts up first? Im new here and trying to learn as much as possible.

Hello,
    just have a look at my experiences:
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...336#post757336
    If the motors start up at all you don't need an update. Without update my motors did not start predictably at all but the software quality is changing, you don't know what you get. Having purchased the ESC together it should be equal though.
    The main reason for me to replace the ZTW200 was that they worked well for more then 10 runs and then fried the minus of the ESC wire as described in the link above.

No idea what they would fry next, a burning ESC in a boat causes more damage then replacing them and I don't want to scrap my HPR.
    They still worked somehow but on the other hand they worked well for more then 10 runs which means testing them ok does not mean they will be ok the next run.
    Mine are gone.

By the way, I run the same setup with Hobbywing 180A ESC now and they get less hot - my boat uses a 6s setup though, also Neu motors.

Regards, Eike

Re do the throttle calibration on both ESC's and be sure the transmitter throttle trim is set to zero before you start