Thread: How soon?

Default How soon?

How soon before R/C boats will be considered as drones? How soon before some government bureaucrat discovers R/C boating and realizes he (or she) has another opportunity to advance their own agenda by labeling R/C boats as drones and create a non issue into something that resembles the soviets parking a nuclear sub off our coast? After all, everybody knows that drones are a dangerous threat to
    the aviation community and the FAA is working day and night to make sure this threat is neutralized. That's right, your R/C plane is a threat and the only way to stop it is to make sure everyone who flies R/C planes, helis and quads is forced to pay out thousands of dollars into actual flight training and certification of their model planes, not to mention tracking systems that will soon be required. Only then, will America feel safe from this form of domestic terrorism.
    So it stands to reason that R/C boats will be next of the authoritarian agenda, you will be required to attend boating classes( at your cost), each and every one of your boats will be inspected for proper equipment including PFDs, communication, have the proper registration number plainly visible in 3" high letters on the hull, tracking devices and the owner and his boats must be registered with the proper authorities or face fines and penalties. Not only that but you will be forbidden to ever operate an R/C boat again..
    Your government only has your best interests in mind when making up these rules.

Sorry I have my Tin foil hat on ..... NANANANA I can't hear you. LOL I own 2 DJI Drones No issues so far.

Have you had issues with flying your drones?

You are already too late.
    All RC items are already classified as drones.

Here in Cali we have already started enforcing strict safety requirements for FE National events in anticipation of what's coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqeMOzN8oA8
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

It would seem the OP is suggesting something akin to 2nd amendment intrusion. Other than a flying "boat", most RC boats do not infringe or have the capability of infringing aviation airspace. Aviation safety is paramount so I applaud any measures to ensure that any craft able to take to the air comes under some legislation designed to minimise any impact a drone or RC aircraft may have should it enter controlled airspace or exceed altitude limits. Look to "recent" events in Heathrow London Airport where a drone was reportedly seen within the airport controlled airspace. The airport was shutdown. From memory the reported drone sighting was a mistake but the incident had a very big impact on the airport operations.

is it a coincidence that a litigious society has more rules to follow. Perhaps if there were fewer "ambulance chasers" then there would be less rules to follow. My local council shut down all park equipment like swings and slippery slides as it was concerned about being sued should a child be injured using the free facility.

I am very confused. This is a very strange thread. Conspiracy theorists and hardcore political extremists have very little to do with RC boating. Find a better platform for your reactionary fear mongering.

Agree, might need to move to off topic.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

He's taking about Remote ID . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg_wog_VGOg It's being applied to Drones and I thing RC Planes .

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Agree, might need to move to off topic.
    I agree it should have been in off topic. I think he's thinking if they legislate our Drones and RC Planes whats next our RC Cars and Boats? I could be wrong . In all honesty they do need some rules for drones as mentioned above Flying near Airports and other restricted areas is dangerous and some folks think they are above the rules. Also as more Commercial drones take to the air there are going to need to be new rules to keep from having accidents with recreational fliers.

Yeah, drones can cause issues..especially with safety and privacy if equipped with cameras,; boats and rc cars are very different and shouldn't be brought into the discussion by logical,sane,grounded(figuratively speaking) people.