Thread: Paint for a Prather Hull

Default Paint for a Prather Hull

Greetings all, I got a hold of a Prather 31" Deep Vee hull and could not find any paint recommendations for the hull. As the hull is epoxy glass I would think that nothing really expensive needs to be used. So would a brand like Rustoleum or maybe an auto spray paint can be used? I've used krylon on an ABS hull with good results but with this one there should be more than one choice.
    Suggestions, comments, concerns?
    Thanks

I have used Rustoleom paint over primer of the same brand on glass hulls with no problem. Just remember that the spray paint is kept under lock and key by mandate of our government for our own good!

Any car paint will work.
    Not sure where you are, all in the open here but minimum age verification required and that is a good thing imho.

I've got cans of Rustoleum white from previous projects. Where I live paint is not locked away nor do you need ID. Sounds like a lot of tagging going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    I've got cans of Rustoleum white from previous projects. Where I live paint is not locked away nor do you need ID. Sounds like a lot of tagging going on.
    That's exactly why you can't buy it within city limits here in Chicago. It doesn't stop it, but it curbs it for sure.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Not to change the subject but I had a couple cans of Krylon Camo Olive that quit spraying for some reason. Was going to use it on a WW I plane but they wouldn't spray so I contacted Krylon Paint and gave them all the pertinent information about the two cans....they are going to send me two new cans of Camo Olive when available.
    How's that for service.