Thread: Need 1717-17-45

Default Need 1717-17-45

I need a raw or race ready 1717-17-45 3/16 bore. Live in Lakeland Fl. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

ask chris hoffman or OSE

Quote Originally Posted by Thetrums17 View Post
    I need a raw or race ready 1717-17-45 3/16 bore. Live in Lakeland Fl. Let me know what you have. Thanks.
    First, my apologies for not getting back to you last night, after work, as I had originally said I'd do. Second, I know I originally responded to your post in a different forum, but I couldn't remember which...the, you posted here, and, when I woke (way to early for my liking, but I do stay much earlier today) for work, I discovered you had posted the question here.

Anyway, I checked the one prop box I could find, and I didn't find a 1717-17-45 in there. I do have another prop box, but right now, I'm not sure where I put it. I can try to find it in Friday (if you haven't already heard from someone else who has what you're looking for) morning, before I head to the track to practice for Friday night's off-road racing (first time I'll be racing in over 2 years). Right now, OSE is out (of raw)...but, you might also consider checking other possible sources (eBay, Amazon, RC Boat it's, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    ask chris hoffman or OSE
    While Chris does do great work, he's also a bit overpriced (and, saying "a bit" is a bit of an understatement), not to mention being sightly arrogant & self-righteous (be might be friendly with those he knows...but, for someone who doesn't know him, in contacting him about a couple props, that's exactly how his emails came across). As for OSE, I'd have agreed, but (as I already pointed out, above) Steve is currently out of raw 1717-17-45s (I didn't check his S&B stock). The Op is probably asking because he already checked OSE, and discovered Steve is currently out.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    First, my apologies for not getting back to you last night, after work, as I had originally said I'd do. Second, I know I originally responded to your post in a different forum, but I couldn't remember which...the, you posted here, and, when I woke (way to early for my liking, but I do stay much earlier today) for work, I discovered you had posted the question here.

Anyway, I checked the one prop box I could find, and I didn't find a 1717-17-45 in there. I do have another prop box, but right now, I'm not sure where I put it. I can try to find it in Friday (if you haven't already heard from someone else who has what you're looking for) morning, before I head to the track for Friday night's off-road racing. Right now, OSE is out (of raw)...but, you might also consider checking other possible sources (eBay, Amazon, RC Boat it's, etc).

While Chris does do great work, he's also a bit overpriced (and, saying "a bit" is a bit of an understatement). As for OSE, I'd have agreed, but Steve is currently out of raw 1717-17-45s (I didn't check his S&B stock).

I'm not over price,,, most think my prices are very fair,, the above just must be on a shoe string budget of cheap !!!

Chris at Dasbota and Buaas are great people and you get what you pay for. Chris does not have that prop. Already asked. Brian is on vacation. If you are worried about 20 or 30 dollars, you may be in the wrong ho by. Thanks, Chris.

I should also mention "rude". I messaged Chris...and, while I will admit that it was a slightly-lengthy message, and that I explained the reasoning for pointing out his arrogance, I also complemented him (considerably) on the quality of his prop work.

In his reply, he stated that he couldn't be bothered with reading long messages, and even told me to "keep his name out of things", as if he doesn't want others to know about his arrogance. The truth is, he actually does outstanding work (I've seen it, firsthand)...but, with an attitude like that, people must ask themselves, do they really want to purchase from someone who is going to act like that. Again, his props are great, but.....

I have used both Dasbota and Brian Buaas props. I don't know Chrisat Dasbota but I called Brian Buass out of the blue and he spent over an hour talking props. And continues conversations with me, a nobody in this hobby, in un hurried conversations sharing his knowledge. I apologize to you, Panther, for what I said to you. This should be an enjoyable hobby. I know that everyone I have talked to, after getting back in boats, have been great. Thanks, Chris.

I should also mention "rude". I messaged Chris...and, while I will admit that it was a slightly-lengthy message, and that I explained the reasoning for pointing out his arrogance, I also complemented him (considerably) on the quality of his prop work.

In his reply, he stated that he couldn't be bothered with reading long messages, and even told me to "keep his name out of things", as if he doesn't want others to know about his arrogance. The truth is, he actually does outstanding work (I've seen it, firsthand)...but, with an attitude like that, people must ask themselves, do they really want to purchase from someone who is going to act like that. Again, his props are great, but.....

Don't you have a job or something ??? this isn't about me may I remind you what you unsolicited,, said about me While Chris does do great work, he's also a bit overpriced (and, saying "a bit" is a bit of an understatement), not to mention being sightly arrogant & self-righteous (be might be friendly with those he knows...but, for someone who doesn't know him, in contacting him about a couple props, that's exactly how his emails came across). As for OSE, I'd have agreed, but (as I already pointed out, above) Steve is currently out of raw 1717-17-45s (I didn't check his S&B stock). The Op is probably asking because he already checked OSE, and discovered Steve is currently out. now what I'm supposed to be happy about that , Your a hypocrite sound like the demorats how do you have this on your page "More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place" and then give a unsolicited review about me , I know what I am and I'm pretty consistence treating jerks the way they deserve to be treated , if you don't like me don't deal with me , pretty f-in simple , but don't bring my name up and give me a bad review and expect me not to respond ,,, I don't like phony's like you so best to stay anyway !!!!!

Don't you have a job or something ??? this isn't about me may I remind you what you unsolicited said about me While Chris does do great work, he's also a bit overpriced (and, saying "a bit" is a bit of an understatement), not to mention being sightly arrogant & self-righteous (be might be friendly with those he knows...but, for someone who doesn't know him, in contacting him about a couple props, that's exactly how his emails came across). As for OSE, I'd have agreed, but (as I already pointed out, above) Steve is currently out of raw 1717-17-45s (I didn't check his S&B stock). The Op is probably asking because he already checked OSE, and discovered Steve is currently out. now what I'm supposed to be happy about that , Your a hypocrite sound like the demorats how do you have this on your page "More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place" and then give a unsolicited review about me , I know what I am and I'm pretty consistence treating jerks the way they deserve to be treated , if you don't like me don't deal with me , pretty f-in simple , but don't bring my name up and give me a bad review and expect me not to respond ,,, I don't like phony's like you so best to stay anyway !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    Don't you have a job or something ???
    Actually, yes, I do have a job...in a customer service-related field...and, I've been in customer service related positions since the early-mid 80s...so, it's something I know EXTREMELY well. Currently, I get to meet & drive people you could only imagine meeting - celebrities, government officials, dignitaries, top-level corporate officers/executives...even royalty, and a president. In other words, things that require security clearances & background checks...things that can't be done by "phonies".

Whether you choose to believe/accept it, or not, you, too, are in "customer service". Unfortunately, you appear to know little about what the words "customer service" means. If you don't like someone (and, by the way, I NEVER have you any reasons to dislike me when I contacted you 18 months ago...your attitude/arrogance showed itself, from the beginning, without any provocation)...especially just because a potential customer inquires as to why your pricing is so high...that does not give you any right to be rude, or condescending, towards them.

I could respond with more...but, to be completely honest, you're not worth it. Thankfully, Steve provides outstanding customer service. For anyone who is looking for props (raw, or S&B), Steve is always the person I direct them to first. As great as your prop work might be, your ego, obviously, ranks even higher. I have nothing further to say

you can also look at modellbaucentrelorenz.de he has a big collection of ABC props (also 1717-17) and a super service

Panther,

Have you maybe considered that perhaps you are the issue? You seem to whine like an ex gf that I had. Really. I call it how I see it. Having crossed over from rc car speedrunning into boats, I am a newbie to the hobby. In my quest for props, I too ordered from Dasboata. I can say that all six of my dealings with him have been nothing short of how they should be--that is prompt and excellent communication, professionalism, and to the point. I couldnt ask for anything more.
    As it relates to his price, dont purchase if something is out of your price range or maybe get out of the hobby...better yet, do your own props. Never judge someone by what they charge, buy elsewhere if you dont like it...it's that simple.

I have nothing more to say but felt compelled to as I received nothing but great service and excellent products. Let it be known. Chris also miscalculated and was honest about refunding a price discrepency...told him he should have kept it. Have a good day.

I'm disappointed the Administrators didn't take down this guys unconsolidated post about his opinion of me some one was just asking about props and he goes and right a novel about me , because I would not sell him props, Im a big boy I certainly can dish it out so I can take it but it was just uncalled for here !!

If his post was categorized as "member bashing", it would have been taken down. There is a very thin line between bashing and opinion.

One person's opinion does not make it fact.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    If his post was categorized as "member bashing", it would have been taken down. There is a very thin line between bashing and opinion.

One person's opinion does not make it fact.
    No one asked him for His opinion,,,and he went way out of his way to give you his ,,though , that guys a lonely PHONY anyway and that's my opinion

+1 supporting Chris (Dasbota).
    He has been nothing but great help to me and a pleasure to work with.

On the XLX2 thread Pranther came at me from almost no where about hijacking the thread when it was an open topic discussing the abilities and potential use of the XLX2 in boats. The signature you use "~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place" is really hilarious at this point given you attack people pretty consistently. I am learning who is who....

if you order a balanced and sharpend prop you have to pay the working hours and the workmanship it's business you have to play tax and equipment ,to get good thinks cheap happens only in fairyland

this guys got nothing better to do then send me a private message this long , Id say he is obsessed with me, I don't like people lecturing me just as much as the next guy ,, I am a great judge of Character and this guy rubbed me the wrong way from day 1 , I can pick who I want to do business with it's my prerogative,,,
    Default Overpriced: To be, or Not to be
    Chris,

I'm messaging you here, as posting this on someone else's thread isn't the appropriate thing to do...plus, I didn't want to be the cause of any possible argument. The reason I said what I said in the thread (oh, geez...now I'm starting to sound like Dr. Seuss...lol) is this - quality of work, and people's impression of the person behind that work, can be the same, or entirely different, things. In case of you, and your props, there are many who have "different" impressions.

I contacted you, directly, approximately 18 months ago. I was inquiring about three props - a single prop for my ProBoat SonicWake (for going faster, but still for "fun"), and a matched set for my Skater X2 (for racing). I admit, I was new to FE racing...but, I was not new to RC. However, you're initial reply came across as if from someone with a bit of a superiority complex (I'm NOT saying you have one, but that's how it came across)...like someone who knew his work was better than anyone else's (I'm not saying yours isn't, and I'll get to that shortly), and wanted me to know that

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with someone knowing, or believing, that their work is better than other's...but, when a person takes that thought/belief, and "externalizes" it's to others, that's when others can take that as 'arrogance'. While people knowing the 'quality' of one's work is important, people's impression of that person is also important. I know I said you are "a bit arrogant", but I'm not the only one to have gotten that impression. I'm not saying it is deserved...but, I'm also not saying it isn't. But, again, I'm far from being the only person to have said that. I'm not saying it to be negative, but so that you know what a lot of other people think. As good as your props are, there are a lot of people who don't want to purchase from you because of that impression. I'm sure there are also people who have bought from you, even though they've got that impression, but they do their best to "overlook" it, if you get what I am saying.

In regards to your work, I have seen it, first-hand...and, I will readily admit, it is extremely excellent work. Not only that, but, the second time I saw a prop done by you, I knew it was yours before I even asked the person. I still don't know how I knew it was yours...but, I did...and, I really liked what I saw. Your work is extremely good...but, it's the impression people have of you (be it first-hand, or told to them by others) that sometimes dissues them from purchasing from you, or even contacting you to potentially purchase.

Getting back to my initial contacts with you 18 months ago, your initial reply really put me off. The way it came across was as if the person sending the message knew his work was "the best", and wanted me to know that. I don't remember your specific words, and I have long since deleted those messages...but, I do remember how it, and the following two messages, came across. It was within your second message that you gave me the pricing for the props, which is what led me to check other pricing. When I responded back to you, indicating that the prices seemed a bit high, again, your follow-up reply was one that wanted to give the impression that your work was better than anyone else's, thus justifying the higher price. While you didn't tell me, specifically, to "f-off", you did state that you were not interested in selling any props to me. That is when I turned to Steve for the SonicWake prop (technically, props, as I've since purchased a few different props for the SonicWake), and elsewhere for the Skater X2 props.

None of what I said, above, is intended to "piss you off", or irritate you. It's only purpose was to help you understand why I said in the thread (there I go with that Dr. Seuss rhyming again), and to hopefully help you better understand why a number of people avoid turning to you for props. Then again, maybe you're already seats of this...I don't know. The thing is, for the most part, is didn't necessarily matter how a person 'actually' is...what matters most is the impression others have. As good as your props are, if people had an impression of you that equalled the quality of your work, that would only help you further - not only would that probably increase the number of people interested in purchasing from you, but, more importantly, it would increase the "positive" word about you.

I don't need to say "keep up the great work" regarding your props, as that's already a given.

Reply With QuoteReply to Private MessageForward MessageForward ''

Chris at Dasabota does great work. If you are worried about $20... Then this hobby is not for you. I have no problem paying a man with years of experience who does great work. That's why he charges what he does. I have 1 abc 1817 by OSE and 1 by Chris. Same prop but my Dasabota prop I get 5 more mph.

thank you guys !!!

Dasboata is #1

Where else do you get a matching pair of balanced, sharpened, DE-tongued, and HARDENED props?

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet