Thread: Is there a solid reason I shouldn't click "go" on this: TFL 900mm ARTR Genesis

Default Is there a solid reason I shouldn't click "go" on this: TFL 900mm ARTR Genesis

I have the cash, and the skills to source the missing stuff if it's not already in my stash of spares.

https://tflnorthamerica.com/product/...w-180-amp-esc/

Should a cat this big be dual motor powered? I would love to bash around on 4S then rip things up on 6S, already own the requisite batteries (up to 8S if required)

what kind of speeds should I expect on 6S speedruns?
    DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

2 x 4S and 4060 2600kV motors is a good setup for the Genesis.
    With 4082 motors and batteries the boat is too much heavy imho. You can buy a TFL Genesis Carbon-fiber bare hull.

What are your speed goals with the boat? Are you looking to make 5-6 high speed passes then bring it back, or just mess around for 3-4min? If you're looking to buy a twin, don't start with an ARTR single.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I'd love to see 50mph on a speedrun, i dont care about doing a ton of them in a row. I'd like a large cat hull for strength and stability. I don't really care what powers it, single/dual/whatever.

I dont mind building a boat from a hull but the whole driveline kind of intimidates me. I've never bent a stuffing tube myself or cut a flex shaft. I'm pretty good with carbon/fiberglass and i've got a minor in electrical engineering (electronics are easy).
    DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    With 4082 motors and batteries the boat is too much heavy imho.
    Is this for the 900mm/35" version too? I was specifically looking at this size because it's quite a bit lighter.

I guess a better question is this: should I just go buy the bare hull setup for duals already?

https://tflnorthamerica.com/product/...hardware-only/

If you want a TFL cat ask steven from OSE , you can go for TFL Zonda RTR or ARTR but RTR is the easy way out (just check every bolt and grease the flex shafts and you are ready to go)

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    If you want a TFL cat ask steven from OSE , you can go for TFL Zonda RTR or ARTR but RTR is the easy way out (just check every bolt and grease the flex shafts and you are ready to go)
    That's a solid idea. I will email him. I'd really like a 36"-ish size genesis, but a zonda would work too. I need to research the difference between the hulls

A 37" Genesis is not a "large" cat. It's quite narrow and the deck height makes is difficult to work on inside, especially in a twin configuration. A 41" Zonda has much more room inside. The wider hull is also more forgiving while turning at speed where as the narrow genesis can roll easily.

A Genesis with twin 40mm motors can run 90-100mph on 6S, setup for SAW passes only, but they're a handful at that speed. On 4S, it's a more manageable 70mph range and longer run times. A single can be setup to run 90mph on 6S for SAW passes, I've even run mine over 100mph on 8S. The narrow deck height makes it difficult to run large capacity packs.
    Last edited by fweasel; 09-23-2021 at 05:44 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    A 37" Genesis is not a "large" cat. It's quite narrow and the deck height makes is difficult to work on inside, especially in a twin configuration. A 41" Zonda has much more room inside. The wider hull is also more forgiving while turning at speed where as the narrow genesis can roll easily.

A Genesis with twin 40mm motors can run 90-100mph on 6S, setup for SAW passes only, but they're a handful at that speed. On 4S, it's a more manageable 70mph range and longer run times. A single can be setup to run 90mph on 6S for SAW passes, I've even run mine over 10mph on 8S. The narrow deck height makes it difficult to run large capacity packs.
    much appreciated, experience talking here!

A serial twin setup for the Genesis, 8S on each motor, less amps and less heat. With 120A HV ESCs

temp 359.jpg