Thread: 34" TFL carbon fiber Cheetah Twin cat

Default 34" TFL carbon fiber Cheetah Twin cat

SOLD

Clearing room in the shop and regrettably selling my most reliable boat. It's a 34" carbon fiber TFL Cheetah twin setup for P-Cat racing on 4S. The boat was originally built and raced by Darin Jordan and was the 2016 national champion in its class. I've made a few modifications to improve reliability, clean-up the steering, and improve the interior looks. The interior seams were reinforced with fiberglass cloth tape. The hatch was inlayed with 2x2 carbon fiber twill. The motor mounts were reinforced with carbon fiber cloth. The sponson strut mounts and transom were both reinforced with aluminum plates and threaded mounting holes. The boat is agile and ready to race. Has a small spider crack on the bottom tunnel in the clear coat and two small stress cracks in the clear near the base of the windshield that appeared prior to the canopy inlay. I'm including two pairs of 4S 5000mAh lipo's w/ MBP adjustable trays. All you need to add is a transmitter, receiver, and props. The Futaba receiver in the pictures is not included.

$800 plus UPS ground shipping.

Build list:
    34" TFL Cheetah CF catamaran
    SSS 3674 2075KV 4-Pole motors
    SSS water jackets
    TFL aluminum motor mounts
    TFL 5/4.7mm stainless collets
    OSE .187 HD flex cables
    Dynamite 120A ESC
    Castle 6.5mm battery connectors
    TFL 3" setback rudder
    Spektrum S6030 278oz digital servo
    3mm steering push rod w/ MBP billet end
    Integy 23T 16r aluminum servo horn
    modified TFL Struts w/ lead-teflon bushings
    OSE thru-hull water pickups
    Large diameter silicone cooling lines
    MBP adjustable lipo trays
    TFL hatch locks and neoprene canopy seal

3.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
    Last edited by fweasel; 09-12-2021 at 09:46 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

More pictures:
    6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg10.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Sold
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Money sent, thanks!

UPS Ground Tracking: 1Z86YA330392706492
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

So Mr. fweasel,
    Shouldn't postings of offers been "open" instead of pm's ? Looks like Yoshgixxer pm'd you with an offer and you excepted.
    Then I see that, all of sudden that it's sold, without seeing what the offer was, or without being able to do a counter offer.
    If I remember right, you've said the same thing to other posters about PM's that are not allowed unless the deal is made (IE: paypal address and or shipping address)

I paid full price plus full shipping and bought a few extra things from him for the boat. Sorry if i didnt follow procedure here, thats how we always did it on other RC forums.
    Send me a pm So i can remember who you are and if i decide to sell it once we get close to winter here in PA you will be the first to know lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnc View Post
    So Mr. fweasel,
    Shouldn't postings of offers been "open" instead of pm's ? Looks like Yoshgixxer pm'd you with an offer and you excepted.
    Then I see that, all of sudden that it's sold, without seeing what the offer was, or without being able to do a counter offer.
    If I remember right, you've said the same thing to other posters about PM's that are not allowed unless the deal is made (IE: paypal address and or shipping address)
    No need to call me Mr. We're all friends here. Shortly after listing the boat for sale, Yoshgixxer PM'd me asking for a shipping quote to his address. I sent him the UPS estimate via PM. The boat was then sold Sunday night on another forum. I marked the thread as sold here shortly after that. Mid morning today (Monday), I was contacted by the buyer who had a last minute change of plans and was no longer interested in buying it. Within minutes of that message, I got notification from OSE that Yoshgixxer accepted the UPS quote and wanted to buy it and asked me for payment info. I sent him a PM with my payment info, and he paid me shortly after that along with several other technical questions related to the boat. I didn't bother to come back and mark the thread as unsold, only to remark it as sold again. Nothing nefarious going on.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

NP,
    Thanks for verifying what went on with the sale. My apologies.

Got the boat, its just as described!

Ok, glad to hear it.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)