Thread: new miss geico 36" twin

Default new miss geico 36" twin

Pre run setup for the esc using the transmitter it starts out fine but once i release the trigger to select item to set it will not let me pick a setting in just cycles thru the choices and all i can do is shut down the esc ???second this thing leaks water from every screw that pernitrates its hull.. lol and i did a check before its maiden run and tightened all screws i put it in mu hot tub without canopy and watched water dripping in at the ruder cable mount plates the stinger plates every plate in back had water dripping in. thats crazy for a 700.00 boat.

The leaks are easily solved with a little caulk on the threads of the mounting hardware. I always prefer to use a programming card to adjust the ESC settings because of the positive visual feedback for each setting and value selected.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

thank you for your response i do have a programming card now. lol and after i applied silicone to all the threads my flexshafts seem to be binding up , miss g would hardly go.i thought i might have applied too much grease in the stuffer tube but there is something else wrong. is there anyone with more knowledge than me that lives in the olympia area or better yet mason county...lol

It's possible you installed the flexcables on the incorrect sides. Are you aware there is a left and right cable? If they're spun backwards, they will begin to unwind, increase in diameter, and can result in catastrophic damage to the drive line. If you remove the cables and set them on a table next to each other, threaded portion facing you, the angle of the winds should make an arrow pattern pointing away from you (^) If they make a (V) pattern pointing down towards you, the cables are on the wrong side.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

i did not know this but i did mark the shafts when i pulled them out and reinstalled the same way. when inserting them as they run past the inner stuffing tube the rt side is off a little hitting the edge of the collet on the motor,(the upper side to be exact ) but i did not move the tubes or motors at all. and i felt the drag turning the props by hand before testing in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgryche View Post
    i did not know this but i did mark the shafts when i pulled them out and reinstalled the same way. when inserting them as they run past the inner stuffing tube the rt side is off a little hitting the edge of the collet on the motor,(the upper side to be exact ) but i did not move the tubes or motors at all. and i felt the drag turning the props by hand before testing in the water.
    You can, and should, adjust the 4 motor mount screws to align the collet with the flexcable so that there is as little deflection of the cable as possible.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

ok the stuffing tubes stick out of the brass tube a little on the motor side, i bought some new teflon tubes but cant grab the old ones to pull them out and replace. process of elimination trying to figure out where the drag is coming from

If you don't need to save them, just grab the edge with a needle nose pliers and twist. If you need more to grab onto, you can collaps the end of the liner so you can slip part of the needle nose pliers into the brass tube to get a grab on more material. If the liners have been overheated, and possibly melted, they might be really stuck. A little heat on the stuffing tube might help loosen them up while pulling, otherwise, pull the strut and try pushing from that end at the same time.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)