Thread: Testing ZTW Seal 200a TFL Zonda Carbon Fiber 6s

Default Testing ZTW Seal 200a TFL Zonda Carbon Fiber 6s

Quote Originally Posted by naveda_08 View Post
    Looks great! Can you post some photos of the inside? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It aint pretty yet just testing them but here is a pic with the lid off

IMG_4122.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by naveda_08 View Post
    It aint pretty yet just testing them but here is a pic with the lid off

IMG_4122.jpg
    Looks nice and clean I am finishing one with swordfish 220 will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful with twin ZTW200, I just had an issue this weekend.
    Both ZTW200 are connected to the receiver using a y-connector not connecting the + wire as I run a separate RX-Batterie and 2 ESC with a BEC should not be connected in parallel.

This setup worked well multiple times and I also ran it that day twice.

Nothing was changed, I just wanted to go for the third run, the boat behaved strange so I got it back and there was a little smoke inside.

The minus wire of both ESC going to the Y-Connector was fried, + and Impulse are as good as new

I did no further testing and I am going to scrap these ESC no matter whether they are still working or not.
    In a 100+mph-setup everything having to do with the RC is relevant for the security, including the ESC.

These ones are no option for me any longer.

By the way I also had an issue getting them to run in the beginning.
    To solve this issue I discussed the topic with my vendor via WhatsApp, made some videos, ... finally they send me a new firmware that solved it.
    What I observed when recording videos was that these ESC cause so much EMC disturbance that the sound of the microphone-recording had a rushing noise in it, when the motor was running at high speed.

I am not going to risk my equipment using ESC of that type again. Obviously technical development of this scrap was frozen once the first prototypes started to work somehow - not when they worked reliably.
    By the way, I am obviously not the first one with this experience here.
    I just thought it would be an issue having to do with the way you build the boat (connect the batteries of both drives or not, ...) so I tested in the beginning. The error connecting 2 BECs in parallel is also known to me and I did not do that either so I thought my setup would be safe.

This assumption was wrong obviously...

Regards, Eike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the warning, they are all working well for me so far but will update if anything changes. For me the brand has been very impressive and seems to blow Spektrum and Hobbywing Seaking out of the water performance and temperature wise but lets see. Testing 300a OPTO HV, 200a V2 and 160a plus a few Gecko airplane ESCs. Tnx again

I have bought four ZTW 200A controllers. Two stopped working shortly after putting in my P-Sport hydro,
    the third caught fire in the boat (what a mess it made). The fourth is still in my 1/8 scale Slo-Mo V. I don't trust it!

Quote Originally Posted by jantagg View Post
    I have bought four ZTW 200A controllers. Two stopped working shortly after putting in my P-Sport hydro,
    the third caught fire in the boat (what a mess it made). The fourth is still in my 1/8 scale Slo-Mo V. I don't trust it!
    I can say the same about Spektrum 160a marine ESCs, I have burned 3 of them and lost whole systems with it, the ZTWs have been working fine for me and surpassing the 160s and 180s significantly. Same thing with my EDF jets running ZTW ESCs, def have experienced a lot more failures from Horizon Hobby products than I have from ZTW