Thread: Which TP Motor, Windings And Lipos

Default Which TP Motor, Windings And Lipos

I am going to be building a boat with a single TP motor. But don't know which one or the windings. Either one of their 56xx or their 58xx motors. I want as high speeds as possible really, I will probably just use 2 set of lipos, one for top speed and one set for fun. What motor is recommended? And with which windings? Top speed will be ran with the max lipos the motor can handle and the fun one will be with 2-4s Lower I think. ESC I think I can find out myself. Oh and prop recommendations are also very welcome as I think I would have a hard time finding that out lol.

Edit: Stupid me didn't realize that you can't put cooling jackets on the 58xx motors xD
    Last edited by Iquentos123; 08-19-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Hi! What kind of boat are you planning on building? Mono, hydro, outboard tunnel, what size/scale etc. All these will go to the design of the power system and top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo View Post
    Hi! What kind of boat are you planning on building? Mono, hydro, outboard tunnel, what size/scale etc. All these will go to the design of the power system and top speed.

I already have a cat that I am going to be using, it is a bit over 1m, somewhere around 120 I think.

Ty for your reply :)

Is the boat already built? Is it just missing a motor, or do you need to completely equip it? Pictures? Model? Anything? You haven't really given any info for anyone to truly be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
    Is the boat already built? Is it just missing a motor, or do you need to completely equip it? Pictures? Model? Anything? You haven't really given any info for anyone to truly be able to help.

No the boat is not fully built. Missing all electronics except from servo. So missing motor, esc and lipos. Can't take picture as I am not home, don't know the model :/. Yes I might not have been very clear with my intentions, thank your for clarifying. I want help with picking a Motor that lets me get speeds as high as possible, I am wondering which windings and lipos to choose.

For that big hull i think the best motor is TP5680 or 5690 but they are big motors to fit under a hatch(56 series are easy to fit a waterjacket[leopard])
    For props is difficult because one hull likes ABC props but the other hull preform better whit octura or prather props(stay away from cnc props)

And go for a 12s setup to keep the amps down

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    For that big hull i think the best motor is TP5680 or 5690 but they are big motors to fit under a hatch(56 series are easy to fit a waterjacket[leopard])
    For props is difficult because one hull likes ABC props but the other hull preform better whit octura or prather props(stay away from cnc props)
    Ok, will be choosing one of them then :) Yes, that was my concern also, but I think I can make it fit.
    Yea okey, didn't know that. Will try out from both manufacturers then. Why stay away from cnc props?

Lenght is 120cm? Perfect size for a twin setup

Cnc props give loads of lift at the transom (i thry them often and never worked on cats)i run only cats