Thread: Balancer plug issues !

Default Balancer plug issues !

Hi all i have a Turnigy 2s 5000 mah 40 c lipo i noticed after using it on the weekend i plugged it in my Hitec lipo meter and a error message appeared i wiggled the balancer leads around and got voltage reading that would cut out i looked at the wires and plug they looked undamaged im guessing the issue is inside the lipo. Is there anything else that i might do to resolve this problem besides of taking this lipo out of service! Regards Andris Golts.

I have repaired some balance connectors on packs. It's a bit messy but it's fixable. I take pictures as I disassemble. Yesterday I made a 2 cell Li-ion pack with a balance connector for my new Radio Link TX. I use old balance leads from dead packs. I'm a pack rat.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks for the info Ray i do not feel comfortable taking lipo packs apart. Regards Andris.

Did you take voltage with voltmeter from the non balance battery connector. Will tell you if it's a bad balance plug or a dead or damaged cell

Hi eehee81 i plug the balancer plug into the hitec lipo checker i wiggle the wires and get voltage readings on both cells but i cant establish is the problem in the plug or in the lipo .Regards Andris Golts.

I find that the contacts get a little corroded over time. Then the readings vary in the manner you describe. So, I dab some CorrosionX into the connector, and the problem usually goes away. Now I use the CorrosionX on new packs too.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I find that the contacts get a little corroded over time. Then the readings vary in the manner you describe. So, I dab some CorrosionX into the connector, and the problem usually goes away. Now I use the CorrosionX on new packs too.
    +++++++1

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414