Thread: Motor for 55? catamaran and esc.

Default Motor for 55? catamaran and esc.

Need help to setup electronic ( motor-esc-battery) for my hand built 55? cat fiberglass

Your question seems simple, but it is actually very complex. To what use are you wanting to put the cat? Speed runs? Oval racing? General sport running? Twins or single motor? What speeds are you looking for? What run time? What is your budget? Without this information, any answer you receive may not be what you actually want.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks for your response, I would like to put twin motor and for speeding between 60-90mph or even higher. Run time about 15 -20 minutes. Around $1000 budget

60 for 15 minutes is just about possible, if your cat is very well designed and built as light as possible.

While it may be possible in good conditions, with a boat designed for it, I don't know of anyone that has done 60 for 20 minutes.

I am pretty sure that 90 for 15 minutes isn't possible for a FE boat with today's technology.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Do you know what kind of motor and esc and battery I need? I?m pretty sure I need hi amp esc like 180 right?

No, and very few people do, what you want is cutting edge and you will have to blaze your own trail to a large extent, or reduce your requirements.

Laurant, Vincent and Peter in this thread, are some of the closest to what you are asking for, a little slower, and more runtime, but if you chat with them you can probably work out how to trade a bit of run time for a bit of speed.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Sounds good thank you