Thread: Miss Enforcer 55" Hydro Electric Conversion

Default Miss Enforcer 55" Hydro Electric Conversion

Hi everyone, I'm a new member but have been a long time visitor to the forum. I need some help and advice on my first actual project.

This is a 55" hydro built by Enforcer back when the original owner was still running the business. They referred to the model either as "Miss Enforcer" or "Miss EU-1". It was meant for nitro power (probably a .46) and has a 1/4" drive cable and 1/4" shaft.

I'd like to convert it to electric, without necessarily breaking the bank (for example, with a Neu motor). I was thinking of using a 67mm 2 blade prop, since that was the smallest diameter I've found for a 1/4" shaft. I was also thinking of running it with 8s (two 4s packs in series).

So, what are the opinions on what should go into this conversion? What sort of motor and ESC should I use?

Thanks in advance!

Some pictures so you get an idea of what I have to work with:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well she sure looks good in the pics

Hi it looks that this hull is build for a 90 glow engine(most likely a CMB,this motor put out 6.5 bhp at 45% nitro)so you need a big E-motor ,SSS56114 or TP5680 and the best cost more a Lehner 3060 for esc ask Steven from OSE
    For props ,your prop is way to big for a E-motor but ABC has props from 51mm up for 1/4 prop shaft

Thanks for the replies!

koen, thanks for the suggestions, I was actually looking at the SSS56114. Possibly the 1000kv flavor to be able to get enough RPMs on 8s power. I think your assumption on the 90 glow engine is correct, a 46 would probably have been way too small.
    I also agree with you on the prop, I just only found the 67mm as the smallest for 1/4" shaft. I'll look at ABC's website for those props.

Do you think a ZTW 200A ESC would be too small?

Also, onto the topic of CG. I'm thinking to aim for right behind the sponsons. I have enough space in the cockpit area to put both 4s batteries in there. Any thoughts on CG?

For that motor i think it's on the limits ,i run this esc in a mhz 114 cat and works fine but with your hull the start current will be to high when on the prop/plane it will be fine but the start it will kill the esc i think look for a lite 300a esc ,they are hard to find ,a ztw 300 is 650 gram and is massif so look at the OSE site also for ABC props and if you live in europe the biggest collection ABC prop you find at modelbaucentrelorenz.de

Thanks koen!

I was unsure about the 200A ESC, but you're probably right that the start current will be too much for it. Hydros do tend to need a lot of power to get on plane, from what I've read...

As far as the props, I'm in the US, so I contacted ABC directly and got their latest prop catalog. It looks like they have some 51mm props for 1/4" shafts, so I'll try to find a high lift prop in that size.

I'm thinking the CG should be right on or just behind the end of the sponsons. Any thoughts about that would be great!

I don't know much about hydro's but here on the forum you can find what you need and for prop you need a rake of 10 they are lift props (2014-10 or 2114-10)

I did some resurch and 4to12cm (i'm european)behind the sponson

Thanks koen, that's some great information. CG a bit behind the sponsons is definitely easier to target with this one since it has so much hull length behind them. The prop specs help me narrow them down, I should be able to find something suitable with that, I'll look through the catalog.