Thread: TFL Genesis 56inch Maiden run 20s(twin 10s)

Default TFL Genesis 56inch Maiden run 20s(twin 10s)

Very sweet boat & great maiden, congratulations! I loved the reveal in the beginning. You can tell there's way more speed to tap into. Phenomenal boat, should be crazy on 24 cells...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks man I appreciate that, def taking my time on this one. Very impressed with the performance on 20, will prob run a few packs through before I go up to 24. The kvs are a bit high for 24 imho, she got 5684 1000kv

Just so we're clear, when classifying a boat's setup voltage, you refer to the number of cells connected to a single motor. If the boat has 7 motors each with 10S, you have a 10S boat, not 70S. If you have two 10S packs connected to a single motor, that's a 10S2P setup.

Looks like a good start. That boat needs a bigger lake to stretch it legs for sure.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thank you for this info. I didn't know that and I like getting it right. So this is a 12s boat...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Its odd some people really freak out about this issue but if I go racing and try to call my Zonda a 6s setup they tell me its 12s WTF? lol

Quote Originally Posted by naveda_08 View Post
    Its odd some people really freak out about this issue but if I go racing and try to call my Zonda a 6s setup they tell me its 12s WTF? lol

We'll they're wrong and can't count lol.

People who claim a multi-motor boat is running on more cells than are connected in series are doing one of two things. 1, they're looking for attention and YouTube views. 2, they know whatever they're running can't keep up, and they're trying to say it's not fair by claiming double the cell count.

If you can't take the two probes of a voltmeter, and find about 50.4 volts across an ESC (the charged voltage of 12S), then how can anyone claim it's 12S? Tell them to measure the voltage and find your 12S on that Zonda next time.

Nice boat though. I bet you're itching for a bigger lake to let it stretch it's legs!

They claimed I was only allowed to power the boat with 6cells, I could run with their single powered cats if I used the series connector like the one that comes in the Miss Geico 36 to power both esc with just two 3s packs. Was told I had to run unlimited with the gassers I am a rookie so dont know better than to nod and say ok lol I guess I will go back next race day with this info and see how fast the old guys kick me out the pond

I'm not sure what rules they're adhering to, but both NAMBDA and IMPBA classify it as the voltage measured at the ESC(s).

Now, within a club, you can do anything you want. In my club, even though NAMBA makes no differentiation in how many motors there are, we split the single and twin motor cats up because they're were too many boats to run at once, and splitting by motor number seems the most logical and fair way to do it. So it may be just a club rule. But look up the rulebook for whatever they're using, and find the writing, and show that to them.

Its IMPBA but very small club and the people in charge are usually the ones I am racing against lol lots of 3 boat races its very small. I really appreciate all the info man, that is how I had interpreted the rule as well but I was not going to argue with them about it

And I cant figure out how to fix the Thread title

A twin Zonda with two 6S packs is just a 6S cat with two motors. Now, their class may certainly have a rule or limitation on the total number of cells allowed onboard, and two 6S batteries could potentially fall outside of those rules. I don't race under either of the two major sanctioning bodies and have no first hand knowledge of what they would let you do in a club environment. Running two 3S 5000mAh packs in series gets you to 6S voltage, but then splitting them to both ESC's in a parallel fashion means you're running on half the mAh capacity (run time) that you'd have if you were using two 6S 5000mAh packs. The 3S series setup gets you 2500mAh to each motor effectively, nowhere near enough for a race.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)