Thread: JAE FE 33 P-Limited

Default JAE FE 33 P-Limited

I just purchased a JAE FE33 . I intsalled a TP 3630 2220kv motor and 180a Seaking ESC. I have tried 4 props and different battery placement but the front of the boat runs wet, and left side dives in the turns. It says that the strut must be even with the bottom of the ski. Can I raise it in increments to solve the problem? Or any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris.
    Last edited by Thetrums17; 07-27-2021 at 06:53 PM.

What props and batts? How about a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Props make a big difference in how mine performs. Turn fin tuning makes a big difference also.
    Team Liquid Dash

RT 4s 5000 Mah m445 1716 545

I know the turn fin is a problem. Sharpened on both sides. Buaas is sending me a prop.

Zipp is out of turn fins. Any other recommendations? Thanks for the input so far. I cannot take a pic. At work.

Chris,
    Without seeing your actual setup and just what it does on the water it won't get fixed on a forum with a lot of opinions stabbing in the dark. The Sarasota guys run those hulls and have addressed similar issues and made adjustments to correct them. You need to get together with a group like them and compare your boat and hardware. There will be a few at the Premo memorial race in Oct. And there will be an FE race in Brandon in Nov.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

The 1716 prop is the highest lift prop you’ll find and is totally inappropriate for the JAE riggers. But, the other two should work. With non-lifting props the rear skid determines the ride attitude, raising the prop will do nothing to cure your issues. Without seeing the boat (good suggestion to compare it to others which run well) the most likely culprit is the turn fin - because of the large curved section it must be rotated fore or aft to tune the boat’s attitude and turning. And it should only be sharpened on one side.

Other possible causes could be the sponson mounting and assembly, but the HAEs are pretty foolproof for that. Did it run correctly for the previous owner/builder?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

My JAE likes an ABC H7 prop, its not the fastest prop on the boat but it runs great with it and the temps on the motor and ESC are pretty cool.
    Team Liquid Dash

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    The 1716 prop is the highest lift prop you’ll find and is totally inappropriate for the JAE riggers.
    Jay, I've always known the 17-45 ABC props to create less lift than an equivalent Octura counterpart. Are you saying the 1716 has more lift than the Octuras in this example because of the higher 1.6 pitch ratio? I just want to make sure I understand the reasoning.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

hello,

yes, Jay is right, the XX16 ABC is lifting more than an X octura, and the Jae must ride on the skid, not on the the prop.