Thread: ZTW Seal 300A - how to read max current and RPM

Default ZTW Seal 300A - how to read max current and RPM

Hello,

Can any of you point me in the right direction for how I can retrieve the max RPM and amps during a run to help with setup and tuning? I do have the programming box, and I looked on ZTW website and nothing obvious in terms of software to pull max values from the ESC.

Thanks, Mike

I have tried a software with the same file-name:
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/downloads/ztw/
    You need the ProgBox as a USB-Adapter, in the software you can find some max. values but I am not sure whether these are max. values over lifetime for warranty issues or values from last run. These are max. values only, not what I would be looking for when trying to set up a boat.
    Max current is only a matter of how fast you push the throttle to maximum and it is not really related to the setup as well as the max. rpm.
    If you have the boat jumping you have no load rpm as the max. value. This information is not really worth connecting the laptop ... unless the manufacturer wants to see whether there was some misuse when a fried ESC is returned

Thanks for your reply. I do understand how limited the usefulness of peak values would be and the points you raise are spot on. It would really only be useful with a careful run-up on smooth water with short hold of WOT and no hops / bounces. Which would be tricky to do.

I fly high powered EDF a lot and have decided to temporarily rig a Jeti IMU (telemetry sensor that measures current, voltage and mAh) plus RPM sensor into the system so I can get full data logging and live telemetry, just until I get thru testing and setup, then back to my wheel radio for normal use.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Mike

You are welcome

I use the Unilog from SM-Modellbau, also a good system for doing setup work but as mentioned, just the peak-values don't really help a lot
    The Jeti IMU is also a good option

Does the ZTW even have datalogging ??
    As far as i know they dont , unlike the Hifei Swordfish X+ 300A.

Best option would be a SM-Modellbau Unilog 2 , that will do up to 20 measurements per second for all the important values like voltage , rpm , and amps , even supports multiple thermo sensors. It's capable of max 400A/60V depending on the sensor used.

I've been using one for yeaaarrss now , take a whole lot of guessing out of a setup.

Thanks guys - appreciate both of your input on the Unilog 2 and sensors up to 400 amps. They are available from Aloft at a very fair price - I will most likely pick one up.

Mike

No, the ZTW has no real data logging. It just collects the max. values and I am not even sure whether these are the max. values from the last run or the max. values of the ESC over lifetime to record misuse if there should be a damaged ESC causing discussions with the manufacturer.

https://alofthobbies.com/radio/senso...odell-bau.html

Does the Unilog system readout max values or chart them? Anyone have experience on what sensors are needed? or displays?
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

You get the full readout (up to 20 measurements per sec on all channels) using Logview software , not just max.
    The display is handy for waterside checks , with the right settings it will show the max values like amps without having to hook ik up to a pc. Very handy with new boats/setups.

I'd get the 400A sensor , brushless rpm sensor , 2 tempsensors and the display.