Thread: Mr Krabs build - any hints?

Default Mr Krabs build - any hints?

Hi,
    Got a new build on the table. 4s going into a Mr Krabs hydro. Anyone have any info or advice on this build. I have lowered the rear sponson by about 10mm.
    Craig Chenco
    Eat My Shorts Racing
    Fliez Eyez Racing

What do you want from the boat?

As you lowered the rear sponson I guess that you either want to increase tub clearance to run in rougher water, or want decrease the tub AoA in order to run more power than it was designed for (about 1KW).

Adding sheet material to the top of the front part of the front sponsors to spoil the aero lift works well to allow use of more power, but if you want to run in rougher conditions narrowing the sponsors by cutting the outsides off works better.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    What do you want from the boat?

As you lowered the rear sponson I guess that you either want to increase tub clearance to run in rougher water, or want decrease the tub AoA in order to run more power than it was designed for (about 1KW).

Adding sheet material to the top of the front part of the front sponsors to spoil the aero lift works well to allow use of more power, but if you want to run in rougher conditions narrowing the sponsors by cutting the outsides off works better.
    Thanx for the reply.

Yes I am planning on running a TPP for starters and have a couple of NEU motors to play with. Sorta new to electrics but have a fair number of nitro/petrol boats. I spose I want to know what needs to be done to the boat before painting so do you have a picture or diagram for the sheet on the front sponsons? I assume this is to disrupt the airflowdown thge outside where it drops down to the end of the planing surface?