Thread: Totally new to electric RC boats and I need advice

Default Totally new to electric RC boats and I need advice

I am brand new into RC boats and I just received a Dumas RC boat kit which I am anxious to start building. It is the tug Lackawanna, single prop, 33 inches long. I also received the correct prop and shaft from Dumas for this model. What I would really like is some information and recommendations for a total electronic package for this RC model. I see all kinds of motors, motor controllers, batteries, transmitters, receivers, and servos for sale, but I really want a recommendation from people who know. I also do not want to break the bank buying the proper equipment. Please remember that I have absolutely no RC experience and no RC equipment at this time. Thanks. Rick
    Lackawanna.jpg

So I guess no one here has any thoughts to help me out. So sad.

Don't have any experience on tugs (fast electrics only) but give it a couple of days.
    Someone will chime in.
    People that are in know can give Info that you need may be on vaca or at fe races.

In my opinion this is a very advanced build project. Lots of parts and lots of sanding other prep work.
    This is a scale model project and insights on building scale boats can be found here https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/forum.php
    There may be other sites for more scale information also.
    I'd definitely start with something much simpler, the ZipKits Tug comes to mind.
    This forum is mostly about Fast Electric/Racing boats.
    Hope this helps,

Wayne

This thread is nearly a year old, the OP hasn’t been back to the forum in nearly a year. Typical hit-and-run poster, he won’t see your helpful post.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for