Thread: Sonic wake rudder removal question

Default Sonic wake rudder removal question

I am attempting to remove the stock rudder on my sonicwake. I have removed the 2 side screws and the small set screw in the front. For the life of me though I cannot figure out how to get the shaft rod out. Seems like there's still something holding it there. Any help appreciated!

The servo push rod? Is there a set screw holding it in?

So it's basically the vertical rod right behind the intake hoses in this picture

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...3359-kit_1.jpg

I've already removed the set screw (and 2 side screws on the rudder itself). This shaft rod just doesn't want to pull out?

Did you remove it from the servo arm on the inside of boat? You took out the set screw from the top of the round silver fitting the push rod goes into on the rudder? There may be a nut underneath that to loosen it also.

Yes. So referencing that pic, I took the servo arm plate off the rudder. (By removing the 2 screws in the other side of the rudder. Then removed the set screw holding the shaft rod onto the rudder. My thought is that the rod should pull upwards. The copper pieces don't seem to come out. I'm completely stumped because it would seem this just pulls upwards...

Just to be sure, I'm taking about the rod holding the rudder to the black rudder arm assembly. Not the silver rod to the servo...

Oh ok. So you removed the set screw on the silver piece between the arms and there doesn't seem to be anything else holding the rod in the bushings? Cant pop it out with pliers? Maybe hold that piece in a vice and tap it out with a nail and hammer..gently..