Thread: TFL Genesis Twin 900 6s hits 78mph 1st speed run

Looks great! That hull likes to go fast when the water conditions are right. My single motor Genesis is very stable at triple digit speeds.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks, wow thats awesome very fast, can you run at that speed for a while? I am trying to make it fast but able to do a full 6 lap heat at the IMPBA. Chris told me that there were single drive Genesis out there running over 100mph. I honestly had a hard time believing it until I took these runs and saw how much control I still had over 70mph. Def importing a couple Large Genesis 1420, very exited to try that monster after seeing the smaller one rip like that. Pls if you could share a bit about your set up I'd appreciate it

Here's the link to my build thread for the single motor Genesis. My boat is setup for SAW passes, only about 5-6 on a set of 5000mAh 3S packs, and honestly, is about all that hull is good for. It's too narrow to turn at speed and handles terribly in rough water. I can't imagine trying to run one on a race oval course for 6 laps, so I wish you luck in that endeavor.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks for sharing I will check it out. She handles the turns and chop better than my Zondas do, other than the Fighter Cat which other Cat hull you think would beat it? small club sorta made up class for cats on 6s, my Zonda wayy too big and heavy to run well on two 3s batts with the Miss Geico adapter to make it 6s for both ESCs. The BlackJacks42s, Zondas and the Miss Geicos36 cant keep up on 6s and since I did ok with the Zonda I figured it be better

Depends on what the limits of the class are. I would run the longest hull the rules allowed, the wider the better. The 34" Cheetah on the smaller end, and the 36" Avenger being slightly larger, are both excellent oval course cats.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Sorry yeah 1134 Fighter Cat is what TFL factory calls the "Cheetah" I am not familiar with the Avenger. I believe its a 40inch limit with up to 6s power and 36 can. TFL doesnt have any 1134(Cheetah) or 1152(Cheetah XL 39inch) available for a few weeks so I wanted to run something other than my Zonda Carbon(SK 180a 4092cans) on the open class which is prob gonna get annihilated by the gassers lol I tried to run my stock fiberglass Zonda(Sk 120a 3674) with only 6s in the past but she was just too much boat for that kinda power limit. Thought the Genesis since she is about half the size would be easier to push through the water, I mean she is not Pursuit but can hook turns way better than Zondas and Miss Geico but like you said once I hit the chop it might be a whole different story. Thanks for the help man I appreciate it, def will try to bring in some Cheetah and Cheetah XLs. Dude my jaw dropped when I went through your Genesis SAW build thread wow