Thread: New Hydromite Builds

Default New Hydromite Builds

After a long night in the shop I've started building two hydromites. I got all of the laminated wood pieces made early this afternoon, and started cutting parts, I got most of the parts cut out this evening before I broke my only scroll saw blade. I need to pick up some more scroll saw blades and some more plywood to finish the last few parts.

Power for the first one is going to be from a Turnigy SK3 2836 2500kv outrunner, with a 45 Amp proboat watercooled esc. I have a watercooled motor mount I will be using as well. I currently have 3s batteries in the right specs/size to fit the hull.

Hardware is going to be the OSE micro strut/rudder setup, with the .098 flex cable and 1/8 shaft. Radio will be my Spektrum DX4S, undecided on a steering servo so far.

I need to build a jig for building the boat if anybody has an idea of what works, I was thinking just ripping a flat wood plank an inch or so thick, the width of the tunnel and building on top of that.

20210709_014744.jpg
    Last edited by Shawn Wittenbarger; 07-09-2021 at 05:15 AM.

Been busy on the shop the last couple days. I've got one hull framed up, and top sponson sheeting in place. Any warp I was feeling in the hull is gone after installation of the modified motor mount bulkhead. Everything sits nice and flat on my jig. I got holes drilled for the strut setup. Just a couple more little things and I'll seal the inside with laminating resin and start closing the rest of the hull up.

20210712_174355.jpg20210712_173336.jpg