Thread: Genesis abc 1914

Red face Genesis abc 1914

I was wondering if my set up could cope with a abc 1914
    Genesis
    Lepard 4082 x2 1600kv
    ZTW 200amp 300 burst
    run 8s and 6s With all the other associated upgrades my main concern is the ESC

Look forward to hearing from somebody

Should be fine on 6S, keep an eye on temps. I'd be careful on 8S with only a 200A ESC. I run a hotter 1750kV motor and a 1915 prop, but my hull is dialed in. I can make 5-6 90mph passes on 6S, but only a couple on 8S.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks mate

Was wondering about battery position on ABC prop as I run a x447 with batteries Behind the motor mount. Strut position as well

An Octura x447 creates a considerable amount more lift at the transom than an equivalent ABC, which forces the bow down. So, if everything else remains unchanged and you switch only the Octura for the ABC, the hull will likely want to blow over more frequently. You can try moving the packs forward, or a little more negative trim on the strut angle. I run my strut level and do most of the tuning with battery position. My motor mount is not in the same position as stock and I need more weight forward than most because of the speeds my setup runs at.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    An Octura x447 creates a considerable amount more lift at the transom than an equivalent ABC, which forces the bow down. So, if everything else remains unchanged and you switch only the Octura for the ABC, the hull will likely want to blow over more frequently. You can try moving the packs forward, or a little more negative trim on the strut angle. I run my strut level and do most of the tuning with battery position. My motor mount is not in the same position as stock and I need more weight forward than most because of the speeds my setup runs at.
    check that !