Thread: Stright shaft from OSE

Default Stright shaft from OSE Help

Need some help.
    I am going to try a stright shaft in my boat. I have never use one before . It?s the shaft from OSE a the 4mm shaft with the brass sleeve on it.

My question is do I need to lubrcate the shaft ? The brass sleeve fits very tight over the shaft not much room for lube? Does it need to be lubed like a flex shaft?

Another question to get it to fit the stuffing tube holder and the strut l had to add a few layers of brass tubes to get to the correct size . Is this a issue cause the brass tubes might spin in each other? I guess I could telescope them out by the collet and solder them all together but not sure that is nessary ?

Appreicate any help ,TOM
    Last edited by Bushmen77; 06-27-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Am about to recieve one in the mail soon i will post pics on my photobucket of the shaft along with micrometer measurements of the clearances for ya. Im planning to use it in the future for a cnc strut and rudder upgrade im gathering parts for. Stay tuned.
    2nd gen traxxas blast, surpass hobby 3674 series 1580kv motor, ose mag 34mm prop, ose 4mm to 4mm stainless steel u joint, dynamite 60a esc.

For a solid shaft, lubrication is still important. I've built some scale boats and straight shafts are the norm. I'd say use a thin oil rather than grease, and re lube frequently.

As for the telescoping brass tubing to fit the shaft, what if you solder the pieces to make it solid, therefore stopping them from rotating.

To sum it up in a short post the shaft is an exact fit inside the brass stuffing tube is of good quality and comes with the prop nut oictured from ose. I recommend a synthetic grease to keep the brass tube from wearing away from the fricion cause by the shaft.
    2nd gen traxxas blast, surpass hobby 3674 series 1580kv motor, ose mag 34mm prop, ose 4mm to 4mm stainless steel u joint, dynamite 60a esc.