Thread: Carbon Fiber TFL cheetah hull question

Default Carbon Fiber TFL cheetah hull question

Any recommended areas to strengthen on the carbon fiber TFL hull or is it strong enough that I can start with the build. I am relatively new to this and have seen some people make recommendations to strengthen the rear and fill in the tips but wondering what I should do or if anyone has experience with this hull and any weak spots. Thanks in advance!

I would run a strip of cloth down along the main seam on each side, do a little epoxy and chopped fiber in the tips. The rest depends on the speeds you plan on running. If you're going to be flipping it a lot with high speed passes, definitely reinforce the canopy with an inlay. It's wide and can flex pretty easily when smacked. The tunnel has some flex to it, but if you're going to be running your batteries in the bottoms of the sponsons, its not a must to reinforce.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Would this be the same advice for if I am wanting to run a dual motor setup? Tying to figure out if I need to add any additional support to the rear of the sponsons before installing my propshafts and supports.