Thread: Sonicwake 6s, smaller prop to improve reliability?

Default Sonicwake 6s, smaller prop to improve reliability?

Hi All,

I have a new sonicwake that I want to run on 6s. I plan on adding additional cooling to it. However, after reading a bunch of threads and watching a bunch of youtube videos, I almost get the impression that going down a prop size will on 6s will lose a hair of speed, but will improve heat issues and control issues. Would the group agree to this? I am not looking to set any speed records or mod, just go 45+ reliably. The lake I mainly run won't be much over 75 deg F ever, ambient in the 80-90's at most and at 45, I will run out of lake after about 5-10s of wide open throttle.

I have a 42mm x 1.4, a 40 x 1.6 and a 42 x 1.6 de-tongued I plan to trial this weekend. Anyone have any opinions on these props or advice on some other ones? Like I said, not looking for extreme bleeding edge performance, just have fun and go fast reliably.

Thanks

I've had good success with a GrimRacer 42x55 which is 1.3 pitch on 6s. It's a bit slower than the stock prop but stays on the water much better. I also added RC Boatbitz trim tabs which improved performance as well. I'm like you, not looking to set any speed records but prefer a smooth ride.