Thread: Pulling throttle stops engine, letting go it goes full speed??

Default Pulling throttle stops engine, letting go it goes full speed??

I just bought a flysky transmitter and receiver, and when I paired it as soon as it does the start count down it automatically runs the engine, to stop the engine i have to pull the throttle, and if i put it in reverse, which the ESC can't do normally, it makes the engine go faster. When i go back to the original Receiver and transmitter it functions normal? It's a cheap ESC from a Vector SR80, So i don't believe i can program it? or I don't know how to anyway. Is there anyway to fix this with the better receiver and transmitter? I searched online for hours, and have found nobody else having this problem that I am aware of. Again boat runs out of the gate, if i pull the throttle it stops the engine, if i slowly let out the throttle it slowly turns the engine. It's like reversed but not like servo forward/backward reversed.

Rory

Perhaps adjust the throttle trim on the new radio

The ESC needs to be "paired" when changing either a transmitter or receiver (or both). As a safety feature an ESC needs to know the position of the transmitter throttle at cutoff and full throttle travel so that when powered the motor does not spin. I suggest the following procedure,

a) with the transmitter in the "off" position, place the throttle in full forward position and hold on. Then turn on the transmitter
    b) next, turn on the receiver and the ESC if it has a separate on/off switch
    c) the ESC will sound off a pattern of beeps. When it commences beeping, then within one second (usually) return the throttle to the off position.
    d)the ESC should then initiate a normal startup such as a beeping cell count.

Your ESC instructions should have this information or a similar procedure to set up the throttle.

Thank you this was very helpful.

You MAY need to reverse the throttle servo setting on your transmitter. ??

LJ
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Was this issue ever solved? I'm having the same problem with stock Aqum7011 esc in lucas oil cat when trying to use fly sky fs-gt3b transmitter and fs-gr3e receiver.

Yes, read post #3.
    Never used a FlySky but follow the 'Futaba' direction for your ESC throttle range adjust, if that doesn't work try the other path, both are in your ESC instructions.